Things that just bug ya?

Bug me? Drivers who are driving slower than the traffic flow who do not move to the right lane (s). My wife thinks I tailgate. But it often is in a situation where I see a slower driver and coast up to them rather than braking immediately, ultimately ending up close. But I usually slow down some more to put some distance between us.

Drivers who always seem to be in a hurry... like they are on a race track. I understand it can be fun to weave in and out of traffic, but it can create a dangerous situation.

Last edited:
As far as driving goes, I guess I have two pet peeves.

1. People who pull out in right in front of you, and then drive slow. If you're in a hurry and pull out in front of me and shoot down the road, oh well, momentary annoyance. But I can't stand it when they are in a big hurry to get out on road, and then mosey along.

2. People who are driving well below the speed limit, who suddenly turn into Speed Racer when they come to an uphill passing lane. If you're driving 40, fine, when we get to a passing lane stay going 40 and I'll safely get by you and no problem. But no, you're driving 40 in a 50 and then suddenly have to speed up to 65 making it hard to pass, and then as soon as the passing lane is over, you drive 40 again!

I drive the speed limit or a hair more and almost always in the right lane- Tailgate me and I will slow down hope you will pass me- then they pass me and slow down to 30 . ^%^&*! I got rear ended twice while stopped in traffic- once by a woman on a cell phone- once by a guy rushing home with hot hamberger's!- that's why I may be headed to cervical surgery.

No reason to tailgate imo-- if a dog or a deer jumps out in front of you- you have two choices- both of them bad, hit the animal or brake and get hit from behind.

Keep a interval and drive the speed limit is my MO.

Its a out of style MO.

"Drivers who always seem to be in a hurry... like they are on a race track. I understand it can be fun to weave in and out of traffic, but it can create a dangerous situation."

That bugs me to- I always catch them at the stop light and think WTH??

Last edited:
I never have tailgaters for long. I slow down significantly and they usually pass me pretty quickly.

I wouldn't try that in Madison, and never on The Beltline at any time! Our "commuters" will make an insidious game out of playing death dealing bumper cars with any innocent traveler who dares to go slower that 75 MPH on our clearly marked 45 MPH highways.

And since it's Madison, the cops will ticket you...
Well, I drive to and from work on a small two-lane (one lane each way) rural road. Nothing like the freeways I've seen in Houston, Dallas, L.A., Chicago, Atlanta, etc.

PHOTOBUCKET bugs me. They are singlehandedly trashing up the internet with their shitty blurred pictures.
Every time I hit one my eyes feel all fukd up, or like I am out of balance. I don't know what the hell they are doing, but it sucks and it totally BUGS ME!!

Peace out! :cool:

When I’m at a stoplight waiting for the left turn signal, and when the green arrow finally lights up, the car in front remains stationary because it’s clear that the idiot is looking down at his/her cell phone. I hate having to honk my horn, but in such cases I’ll blare it at them to get their butts moving, which it usually takes a few seconds for them to figure out how to do. If you’re not on the road to actually get somewhere, then get the hell off the road!!!

Jim

Here, the left turn lane and left turn signal (optional at all times) is a ~25% chance of going straight, right, left, or doing a U-turn--either into the flow of traffic in the opposite lane or into oncoming traffic.

The left turn light bothers me when people jump out into part of the intersection to force their turn when the light is about to change or has just gone yellow. Lots of people do it. Of course they would say that they didn't know the light was about to change... I think that it's okay to move out into the intersection a bit early after a the turn signal light comes on.

Back