Think this one got ignored...

Status
Not open for further replies.
DPxGearnewproducts.jpg

Random baseless speculation: go!

Me, I got money on that dagger being completely sweet. I say they ought take a 6.5" blade (think slightly longer than an ESEE RC6 but the same handle, spearpoint blade, no choil) with the bottle opener and wire thing from the HEST :cool: then sharpen the swedge about 3/4 of the way back, not completely, so as to maintain the function of the bottle opener and the end-user's ability to choke up on the blade.

The dagger is a fun project with the prospect of a folder also being the end result.

Really impressed with everything you are considering. Just looks like I'm going to remain broke.

We are going to keep these within the sane zone on pricing.

Having friends who were Rangers and Green Berets who were/are fond of the M-3 T.K./M-7 Bayonet blade design I can see how a dagger definitely has it's place in a hostile environment.

Its a big responsibility to design a knife that is specifically designed to dispatch bad people at combatives distance. It has other features that are unique to the military application.

I can't wait! Crap, I'm really gonna have a lot new blades to pick up this year. I can't wait to see the HEFT Dagger and Utility Knife. Keep em' coming Pelton!

Its a big responsibility to design a knife that is specifically designed to dispatch bad people at combatives distance. It has other features that are unique to the military application.

Yep, I have a friend who makes awesome knives, and awesome tactical knives. He will not make a double edged knife for anyone who doesn't have a military ID and a combat MOS. Something he decided after another maker's misfortune.

Robert, for the limited edition of these things, I want a matched set in a red velvet-lined, mahogany box. Mr. DP carved into the top of the lid. Then, filled in with elephant ivory, ebony wood and jade for the white, black and green colors. Matching Mr. DP's on the ivory handles. For the handles, use emeralds instead of jade.

They'll be my dueling knives. To settle disputes and defend the honor of offended maidens after a gentlemanly fashion.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back