Thinking about getting a Hudson Bay Camp knife

Hi!
I think I have one of your early pathfinder/scout type camp knives and have found it to keep a very nice edge. I see from other posts here you make custom knives and was wondering if you could do a reproduction of a historic blade, specifically a Jukes Coulson and Son NON XXL Sheffield, Hudson Bay Camp knife. I found a German youtube with one and a few other photos on the web. (I think the German youtube involved a well made copy, but could not find any place that offered it even in Europe.) Interestingly in the German youtube, he holds it up against a Condor HB Camp knife for comparison.
Here is a link:
I have a Montana Americana HB camp knife from Dean Hazuka, who does stock removal, and one from Sawmpfox/Tim Ridge, who does forging; both are excellent. Either system of manufacture would be ok as long as the materials and heat treatments are well done. (It is a tool I will use!)
Is this something you could do? Please let me know; thank you!

@Sacramemto Johnson, I will post a pic of my older JK Hudson Bay, mine has more of a saber grind, I think his newer HBs are a higher grind to make the edge a little thinner. I would like to see the Hudson Bay from Montana Americana.

IMG_0157.JPG IMG_0156.JPG

Hi!
I think I have one of your early pathfinder/scout type camp knives and have found it to keep a very nice edge. I see from other posts here you make custom knives and was wondering if you could do a reproduction of a historic blade, specifically a Jukes Coulson and Son NON XXL Sheffield, Hudson Bay Camp knife. I found a German youtube with one and a few other photos on the web. (I think the German youtube involved a well made copy, but could not find any place that offered it even in Europe.) Interestingly in the German youtube, he holds it up against a Condor HB Camp knife for comparison.
Here is a link:
I have a Montana Americana HB camp knife from Dean Hazuka, who does stock removal, and one from Sawmpfox/Tim Ridge, who does forging; both are excellent. Either system of manufacture would be ok as long as the materials and heat treatments are well done. (It is a tool I will use!)
Is this something you could do? Please let me know; thank you!

Also, the picture of the Hudson Bay in the video (did not watch it) looks very similar to the Bark River Hudson Bay knife, I have one of the older models in an 8 inch blade, they now make it in a 9 inch blade. Bark River also has a cool interpretation of the Edwin Forest Bowie.

Yes, I have one of those BR earlier Hudson Bay knives; I like it much better than the newer longer version they now sell (which I also owned at one point and sold off.) I also owned a Condor version as well and gifted that to a friend. I will post a pic of the Montana Americana knife later today for you.

Thanks for the pic, I have a small thinner Montana Americana Hudson Bay with a bout a 5 inch blade,too thin for heavy work but a great slicer. Maybe I should move this to a new thread, but I have several Hudson Bays.

The first pic is of a Wolf Creek Forge HB, the middle photo has early AA Forge knives where the middle is the HB, and in the last pic they are a Cumberland by Mike Mann, two ML Hudson Bays, a Swampfox Butcher type knife, and a GL Drew Cowboy bowie.

@Sacramemto Johnson, I will post a pic of my older JK Hudson Bay, mine has more of a saber grind, I think his newer HBs are a higher grind to make the edge a little thinner. I would like to see the Hudson Bay from Montana Americana.

View attachment 1204069 View attachment 1204068

I still really like this one...

JK Knives JK Knives do you still have the drawing on some specs on this one John? Feel free to email me if you do, I think I "have" to have one. Hopefully I'll have the mud turtle in hand soon too for the passaround to get a feel on that one, and then a few of those little guys I'm designing.

the important question is - do you want a JKHB, or the JK HBXL?

I remember he said the larger scan only be 13 inches overall, correct?

Back