Thinking About

The bluegill is a great small knife! A couple years ago I made a conscious choice to cut back or I would be sll over one in stainless. I hope it sells.

That’s how I am with my guns, I’ve been slowly getting rid of them, I’m only going to keep two.
The bluegill is a great small knife! A couple years ago I made a conscious choice to cut back or I would be sll over one in stainless. I hope it sells.

That’s how I am with my guns, I’ve been slowly getting rid of them, I’m only going to keep two.
I haven't started thinning knives and guns like I feel like I should but I'm getting to the point it will happen.

I need to collect more axes before I'll feel comfortable thinning the knife herd

well, that's not entirely true. a number of my knives will be finding new homes this holiday season.

Bluegill, while I would like to have a short handy knife in 1/16 440c, I just cannot justify more knives under 4" :(

and I'm sure it'll start getting hard to justify any over that length soon enough... but perhaps I can rationalize it with the need to have more stainless steels :D

(feel free to read that as an invitation to make something thin out of 440c at ~5"+, just pllllleease wait until next year :oops:)

frankly, despite my earlier protests, I'd like to have a 4" 1/16 440c blade...

there's just the issue of having so many knives, holidays and only so much money :(

the 1/16 would cut really well and the 440c would have fine edge retention

Mine from another maker in that thickness and blade length is very light and easy to grab, comfortable to carry. It likes to slice. Mine is 01, so a stainless blade would be nice.

I need to collect more axes before I'll feel comfortable thinning the knife herd

well, that's not entirely true. a number of my knives will be finding new homes this holiday season.

Bluegill, while I would like to have a short handy knife in 1/16 440c, I just cannot justify more knives under 4" :(

and I'm sure it'll start getting hard to justify any over that length soon enough... but perhaps I can rationalize it with the need to have more stainless steels :D

(feel free to read that as an invitation to make something thin out of 440c at ~5"+, just pllllleease wait until next year :oops:)
I’ll have to measure some blades, but a 4” blade at 1/16th sounds really useful.

Back