Thinking of getting a Bussekin knife

Well, not to throw a wrench into your plans, but I also gifted my brother-in-law a Hell Razor 2, and he also loves and abuses it…….

K91xlTz.jpg
Great looking knife, but it’s too late lol. Going with the TGULB

Canvas Micarta is softer on the hands, and lighter than G-10. It can also absorb oils, and blood, and bacteria, etc. It’s easy to clean (soap and water), though. G-10 is impervious, tougher, but a bit heavier. I not sure how much of a difference the weight would have on the feel and point of balance, but I’d imagine it would be noticeable if you handled both together.

IMHO the blades you chose don’t have really any game processing ability. More of a utility camp knife. Maybe quartering at best.
I have an old buck vanguard that does an admirable job at processing. My father is much better at processing than I’ll ever be. I’m an amateur at best

Canvas Micarta is softer on the hands, and lighter than G-10. It can also absorb oils, and blood, and bacteria, etc. It’s easy to clean (soap and water), though. G-10 is impervious, tougher, but a bit heavier. I not sure how much of a difference the weight would have on the feel and point of balance, but I’d imagine it would be noticeable if you handled both together.
I went with canvas. I like g10 and have a few firearms and knives with it. I like the way canvas feels as oppose to g10

Well, you have some time to figure out the sheath. If you’re going as lightweight as possible, leather. If you’re more interested in ruggedness, kydex.
Such a tough decision. Love the old school look of leather and the durability of kydex.

Well, you have some time to figure out the sheath. If you’re going as lightweight as possible, leather. If you’re more interested in ruggedness, kydex.
I’m thinking of going with Azula for a sheath. I love the minimalist and old school look of his sheaths.

You should be happy with it. I picked mine up used from the exchange, and it has great retention. Azula has a TGULB in house, so you won’t have to send yours in.

I love the scrapyard Busse sheath and the Azula. I’m going to go with Azula. His sheaths look great and are priced right. ScoMa gave the thumbs up, so I’m going with it.
I also like the Azusa. Idk how it will hold up on the durability, but it looks sexy with the hr2.

Black canvas with a dc finish. This knife is going to be a user. Wife is gonna be sore at me but it is what it is.
I prefer satin/CF over DC because DC is more rustprone, it's more difficult to clean than a CF as all kind of little particules will go deeper in the relief of DC (for a very little diff in price)
I would have vote for the mega ratweiler, the edge holding is far better than infi, and the blade geometry allows various comfy grips, the thickness make the chopping capability better for the length without being much heavier than HR2 or TGULB (that i tested too)
The MR is my only keeper

Back