Thinking of getting a Bussekin knife

I prefer satin/CF over DC because DC is more rustprone, it's more difficult to clean than a CF as all kind of little particules will go deeper in the relief of DC (for a very little diff in price)
I would have vote for the mega ratweiler, the edge holding is far better than infi, and the blade geometry allows various comfy grips, the thickness make the chopping capability better for the length without being much heavier than HR2 or TGULB (that i tested too)
The MR is my only keeper
I just sold one of my knives to finance the TGULB. I have another one for sale that should hopefully sell soon and once it does, I’ve decided to get the mega ratweiler. The massive thickness throws me off a little but I can get use to it. I have a tops Operator 7 that’s a hair thinner at .31 thickness but I get good results from that, and I think the mega ratweiler is much better knife. I was thinking HR2 but I love the clean lines of the mega ratweiler.

I just sold one of my knives to finance the TGULB. I have another one for sale that should hopefully sell soon and once it does, I’ve decided to get the mega ratweiler. The massive thickness throws me off a little but I can get use to it. I have a tops Operator 7 that’s a hair thinner at .31 thickness but I get good results from that, and I think the mega ratweiler is much better knife. I was thinking HR2 but I love the clean lines of the mega ratweiler.
You can cancel your order and make a new one, considering the DC finish for a user vs CF
I just sold my hr2 for a MR, i like it much better, the hollow grind make the spine thickness not a problem
Have fun

You can cancel your order and make a new one, considering the DC finish for a user vs CF
I just sold my hr2 for a MR, i like it much better, the hollow grind make the spine thickness not a problem
Have fun
I’m going to have both the TGULB and the mega ratweiler

I just sold a knife to finance the TGULB. I have another for sale that’ll finance the mega ratweiler.

Love the patina you added, what scales on the mega ratweiler? I was thinking black or green g10 when I order the mega ratweiler.
That is the black and green g-10. In the post after that, you can see the orange and black g-10 as well... I do like the green back g-10 a lot.

I was talking about the DC on your TGULB, to be sure you're aware about this detail ;)
Thanks for letting me know, I have plenty of gun oil on hand. The knife I just sold to get TGULB was an 90’s vintage carbon V trailmaster. They rust fairly easily if you don’t take care of them. Every other month I would apply a light coat of gun oil and it was in sheath 99% percent of the time for the 10 years I owned it. Still looks factory new. I think the DC finish will suit me well.

That is the black and green g-10. In the post after that, you can see the orange and black g-10 as well... I do like the green back g-10 a lot.
I might go with this option when I get the rat. Looks amazing on your knife. :thumbsup:

Sounds like I'm late.....but I'd suggest the WS-1020 instead of the TGULB for hunting and general use.

It's an amazing knife. Much better than the ones that look cool.
And less than $150

Also, don't worry about the steel choice.
SR101 is awesome.

Sounds like I'm late.....but I'd suggest the WS-1020 instead of the TGULB for hunting and general use.

It's an amazing knife. Much better than the ones that look cool.
And less than $150

Also, don't worry about the steel choice.
SR101 is awesome.
Thanks for the suggestion, but a 7-8 blade is a must for me. I’ve only used large knives and have one small fixed blade (buck vanguard). The SYKCO knife that caught my eye is the DB-421

DB-421 seems like a useful design.
But, I wish there were more of their knives Without choils..
It's easy enough for a person to grind them afterwards, if they wanted them.
Seems most from them have them

DB-421 seems like a useful design.
But, I wish there were more of their knives Without choils..
It's easy enough for a person to grind them afterwards, if they wanted them.
Seems most from them have them
The choil doesn’t bother me, but I will agree a knife looks cleaner with out one. However, It does in useful for making a nice, sharp stake.

Do yourself a huge favor, cancel the TGULB and get twice the knife for $30 more with the second most hog demanded Busse blade of all time, the Jack Hammer 10.
While I like the jack hammer 10, I’m not in the market for another 10 inch blade. I have a Fallkniven NL1, and an Esee Junglas coming for my Birthday soon.

Do yourself a huge favor, cancel the TGULB and get twice the knife for $30 more with the second most hog demanded Busse blade of all time, the Jack Hammer 10.
Man that JH-10 is one of my favs. It's just so damn Swift and nimble for that sized blade. I might get in trouble if my wife found out how many of those I have 😳

Very very different beasts from the ESEE Junglas.... Which I also have had for years.

I'd second the recommendation of getting the JH-10 direct from Busse while you can.

Back