This fiddlehead is going to Blade Show 2014

NUTRAMAC

Gold Member
Hello fellow fiddle heads,
Over the past several months I have developed a real passion for Andy's Knives. My beautiful wife did a spectacular thing and booked all the accommodations and tickets for me to go to Blade this year.
I have never been to "the blade show", have gone to shot show twice.
As a newbie can you veterans fill me in.

Has anyone taken any seminars they offer?

Is the early bird discount worth it, will venders be set up and ready to sell that early?

Fogos Brazilian steak house sounds like a must.

Let me know about your experience. Thanks everyone:D

ive never been to any of the seminars so i cant help out there.

take plenty of water & wear comfortable shoes. you will see hundreds of guys w/ their maxpedition backpacks filled w/ knives, literature,more knives.

try not to be overwhelmed w/ the amount of awesome knives and folks

I've been as a buyer and this will be my first time with a table. Like said before, wear comfortable shoes and clothes. It is alot to take in, but enjoy. We have to be set up prior to the early birds, so its up to you. Fogo is by far my favorite restutant in atlanta, if you are a meat guy, don't get the salad bar and waste space, lol ( salad bar rocks though).
It is a great experience and I look forward to meeting you.

I have been to many of the seminars and they are typically excellent. Get the schedule and pick which ones appeal to you. James Williams samurai sword demo is fantastic, and the Cutting Competition is worth the sunburn. Ernest Emerson's talk is usually quite lively, and Ed Fowler tells good stories too. The seminars make for a nice break from walking the show floor. The scope of the show is small compared to Shot Show but it is still huge for a knife show.

ive never been to any of the seminars so i cant help out there.

take plenty of water & wear comfortable shoes. you will see hundreds of guys w/ their maxpedition backpacks filled w/ knives, literature,more knives.

try not to be overwhelmed w/ the amount of awesome knives and folks

Thank you great advice with the comfy shoes and water. This is going to be a blast

I've been as a buyer and this will be my first time with a table. Like said before, wear comfortable shoes and clothes. It is alot to take in, but enjoy. We have to be set up prior to the early birds, so its up to you. Fogo is by far my favorite restutant in atlanta, if you are a meat guy, don't get the salad bar and waste space, lol ( salad bar rocks though).
It is a great experience and I look forward to meeting you.

Thank you I look forward to meeting you and your fine works of art.

I have been to many of the seminars and they are typically excellent. Get the schedule and pick which ones appeal to you. James Williams samurai sword demo is fantastic, and the Cutting Competition is worth the sunburn. Ernest Emerson's talk is usually quite lively, and Ed Fowler tells good stories too. The seminars make for a nice break from walking the show floor. The scope of the show is small compared to Shot Show but it is still huge for a knife show.
Awesome information bamboo. Some of the seminars really were calling my name and thought if would be good to take a break from it all to.

Some of the seminars really were calling my name and thought if would be good to take a break from it all to.

If there are any you really want to see get there a few minutes early for a seat as the rooms are small and are often very crowded - standing room only situations with lots of folks packed back at the door trying to hear the speaker. Sunglasses and a hat are nice for the outdoor ones - I get sunburned every year. I'd recommend the VIP ticket, not sure what it costs but it is nice to have a couple hours before the crowd.

Whoa, just saw that it's an extra $25 for vip.... not sure that's worth it unless you are looking for something specific from a given maker. If you are looking for something from us we can probably set it aside for you.

I am going too. I have already spent the extra for the early bird. Going to try to shark something early....lol

Martin

lol .. I already spent the money on the early bird too.

Martin, look me up and we'll go Shark fishin together. :D

I will be at the early bird as we'll. thanks for all the input gents.

You guys should take some photos and put up a post when you get back, so those of us who can't go can see what we missed!

Having balked at the vip price the truth is I would have paid it too. We'll post up some photos for sure.

Shameless bump before the big show.
Who is ready for this party to get started:thumbup:

Back