This I got home:-)

Hi my friend's.
Today I was gladely suprised when I got my mail. In the mailbox I had this for me to my knife collection :) A mod 25-6 I have waited for some time :)
It's a great balance and looks in this knife and I love it. :)
What do you think guys?
/Kimmo Lilja
fyra-89.jpg

tv-140.jpg

tre-107.jpg

fem-57.jpg

Beautiful. That is the knife that I see in my dreams.

That model is probably Randall's most beautiful and useful. Congrats! Use it well.

The Model 25 is on my wish list, yours looks great!

Do those of you with a Model 25 think the 6" is a better choice than the 5" one? I'm still undecided.

The Model 25 is on my wish list, yours looks great!

Do those of you with a Model 25 think the 6" is a better choice than the 5" one? I'm still undecided.

They're very different animals, IMO. The 6" version is like a big beefy camp knife, while the 5" version is more like a general purpose bush craft/skinning knife. Also, while a duraluminum end cap is the obvious choice for the 5" model, brass or nickel-silver (same weight) seem to help balance out the weight of the 6" blade...while adding additional weight/mass/heft in the process. So really, for me at least, it boils down to intended use...

Thanks Melvin, I've made my decision now. I have to buy BOTH. :D

I'll order the 6" first, and then the 5" later.

Good choice. I ordered a25-6 for my daughter but it’s still a couple years away. I hope hers is that nice too.

RMK does a real nice job on their stag knives. Not only pretty, but they fit the hand and index well.

Someone there is paying close attention.

Last edited:
Man. I have been torn between model 5-6, model 12-7 #14 grind and this model 25-6. The 25-6 was prob 3rd on that list until I saw this post. I’m looking for something that will slice an apple, cut a plug of tobacco, and poke a kidney if asked to do so. That might be the one. Great knife.

I have several Randalls and love them all dearly. I have found that for me, the two that I actually CARRY & USE have blades more in the 4 inch range. This has become my preference in other fixed blade knives that I actually carry and use also, and some are shorter yet. For the kitchen and for fillet knives, I go much longer, of course. Those bigger knives are great for collectibles but ungainly, awkward and a pain to actually use. Plus, people who see you carrying one take a dim view of it. On the other hand, if I already have user knives, why not buy something bigger to fondle, and perhaps sell some day. This is where I am at with my knives but it may not be appropriate for everyone.

Good choice. I ordered a25-6 for my daughter but it’s still a couple years away. I hope hers is that nice too.

RMK does a real nice job on their stag knives. Not only pretty, but they fit the hand and index well.

Someone there is paying close attention.
Yes, tney know what's up in regards to the stag. I just received mine and must say that it is flawless. 6" stainless with NS hilt and duralumin reduced butt-cap. It balances right at the hilt. Melvin is correct about the 6" being a good sized different from the 5". I would not feel "undergunned" with this knife. In fact, I think it feels better than my 1-7" Fighter! It certainly inspires confidence when in hand! Plus, it looks oh soooo goood!
It's my current favorite knife. And I'm sure it will be your daughter's favorite too! Lucky lady!

Man. I have been torn between model 5-6, model 12-7 #14 grind and this model 25-6. The 25-6 was prob 3rd on that list until I saw this post. I’m looking for something that will slice an apple, cut a plug of tobacco, and poke a kidney if asked to do so. That might be the one. Great knife.
The 25-6 will certainly do all those things with ease. I say get it first as it and the 5-6 are both a bit more practical than the 12-7. But the 12-7 is certainly no slouch!

The 25-6 will certainly do all those things with ease. I say get it first as it and the 5-6 are both a bit more practical than the 12-7. But the 12-7 is certainly no slouch!

I meant to say 12-9, but I agree with you on usefulness. The 1
25-6 is what I need. But in my eyes, the 12-9 is possibly the best looking knife I’ve seen out of any mfg.

Back