This is kind of strange.

Hey guys, has the auto knife laws in Tennessee changed at some point within the past couple of years. I am planning on going back to the Sevierville knife store with the blue roof in a couple of weeks so I have been looking through their website a lot lately. According to their website, they claim that only residents of Tn can purchase auto knives due to federal laws.
When did this change? I bought a new Microtech LUDT from there a couple years ago. If I remember right, I was only asked which state I lived in, since it happened to be Ky, and we can legally own and carry auto knives, they didn’t have a problem with selling me one.
Thanks guys

That statement refers to the interstate sale of autos, which is prohibited by the Federal Switchblade Act of 1957. If you walk in the door, they couldn't care less where you live because it is a straight OTC sale which is NOT prohibited by Federal law or Tennessee law.

That statement refers to the interstate sale of autos, which is prohibited by the Federal Switchblade Act of 1957. If you walk in the door, they couldn't care less where you live because it is a straight OTC sale which is NOT prohibited by Federal law or Tennessee law.

Ok, thanks for clearing this up.

Back