This is my KA-BAR

My son purchased this for me after he started his first job. It's precious to me. I just finished sharpening it to a razor's edge and showed my wife. She said, "Are you going to start shaving your legs for me?"

I was not sure what to make of that...so I just remained silent, for anything I said at that point could and would be used against me in the court of marriage.

zC6MEoy.jpeg

NdQdfGx.jpeg

Moved to the correct forum.

Love my dogs head, too.
Thinking about getting a D2 extreme unserrated

Congrats on having a kid who still likes you and buys you thoughtful gifts.
What's he want?

P.s. completely appropriate non-response.

A good knife from a son is a special thing . Somewhere around 1990 my son ,10 at the time . Saved his money picked out and bought me a Bucklite. We lost Eric in a car accident in 1997 . That knife is the only material thing in this house. I would shoot someone over

A good knife from a son is a special thing . Somewhere around 1990 my son ,10 at the time . Saved his money picked out and bought me a Bucklite. We lost Eric in a car accident in 1997 . That knife is the only material thing in this house. I would shoot someone over

I am terribly sorry for you loss. I can’t even begin to fathom how painful that is.

Plumberroy, what an unfathomable loss and grief. I can only begin to imagine how precious that knife is to you.

My son purchased this for me after he started his first job. It's precious to me. I just finished sharpening it to a razor's edge and showed my wife. She said, "Are you going to start shaving your legs for me?"

I was not sure what to make of that...so I just remained silent, for anything I said at that point could and would be used against me in the court of marriage.

zC6MEoy.jpeg

NdQdfGx.jpeg

Even with all the modern advancement in knife designs, edge geometries, steel discoveries and heat-treating developments, you still can't beat a classic design that's withstood the test of time. I have several of them, and I even gave one to my sister for Christmas some years back.

Back