This is not a drill (traditional knives)

Been thinking about this, and going to have to revise my list (post #8). I simply took a pic of the knives currently on my night stand. Four of those five are very frequently carried, but the mini trapper was just there temporarily. It's a great knife, though. But if I really had to pick five from my collection, these would be the ones:
bxHR308.jpg

WdLgFNe.jpg

The trapper and GEC boys knife remain, but I would keep my stag barlow lambsfoot over my rosewood. I just carry the rosewood more. And though I carry my medium stockman a lot, I would rather keep my Schrade Scrimshaw stockman. It's a better size, and no blade rub. Trying to keep it pretty, though! And I GOTTA keep my Spanish navaja. It's my prettiest knife, made by a master craftsman. It's my Sunday go-to-meeting knife.

Now this list may change as my collection grows....
What's the top one on the Fantastic Four comic? I love the style and lock on those, but I don't know what they're called or what they go for.
Edit* nm, I'm just stupid and my brain didn't want to see the word. Guess I gotta look up a new knife, ha ha.

What's the top one on the Fantastic Four comic? I love the style and lock on those, but I don't know what they're called or what they go for.
Edit* nm, I'm just stupid and my brain didn't want to see the word. Guess I gotta look up a new knife, ha ha.
"Navaja" is generally what they call a folding knife in Spain. That one was made by José Antonio Herreros Gómez (@ArtesaniaHerreros), a master craftsman or artisan. On his profile page is a link to his website. We are not supposed to discuss buying and selling here. The handle of the knife is a polished deer stag antler point, and the blade is 440C steel, but he can make to order.

Last edited:
Back