This is what the Forum is for.

lrv

1 of 50 made.
Smooth black Delrin
Please show your collectables.
All are welcome to do so.
502SC
SC502-POW-MIA.jpg

This might be a one-of-a-kind, and for good reason. Blechh!

ComplimentsOldTimer.jpg

A couple more that I'm especially fond of:
UlsterOldTimers2.jpg

redboneOTset.jpg

Something else that I think this forum does a very good job of, something that I haven't seen addressed at other websites, recording and sharing info on counterfeits like this:

TaylorSchrade.jpg

Something else that I think this forum does a very good job of, something that I haven't seen addressed at other websites, recording and sharing info on counterfeits like this:

TaylorSchrade.jpg

I saw one of these on ebay today. Since I'm pretty new at this, how do do tell this isn't legit? What gives it away?

I saw one of these on ebay today. Since I'm pretty new at this, how do do tell this isn't legit? What gives it away?
The tang stamp on that particular knife says SCHRADE / HANDMADE, indicating it's a Chinese import. Instead of a "100th Anniversary" shield, it should say "Two-Week Anniversary."

----------
Just to clarify, the shields and tins are genuine. But in this instance they were combined with an inappropriate knife and marketed in a dishonest and misleading manner.

Nice one Upstream! Here's a few more:

156d7jm.jpg
[/IMG]

100th Ann. SC509. I believe this is one of only 11 fully completed before the close. I've actually got a copy of the invoice for this knife.
262tqhs.jpg
[/IMG]

Schrade BB125 Buffalo Bill, came out with the Buffalo Bill Bowie
3461b1l.jpg
[/IMG]

A sweet little Cut. Co. 766
n1uj3q.jpg
[/IMG]

A Colonel Bradley Hose Co Anniversary knife, it's one of the oldest firehouses in Walden, NY
10gbcip.jpg
[/IMG]

I Like 'em all!!

This is what motivates me to learn more.

trays.jpg

And spend more :grumpy:.

Pretty much all pre-1985

zztraders021.jpg

zztraders022.jpg

zztraders023.jpg

my treasured Kious # 97 of 100. and a custom 61ot and some crazy unexplained fillet knife with wierd derlin brown and tan (not saw cut) handles and old timer shield, uh167 blade and camp tri mount 50th anniversery 1946-1996 etch. probablly a franken knife or something im sure but Ive never seen an old timer handle like that.-Joel

That's a helluva collection Thawk!!
Gradall, the delrin on that fillet knife looks like the same style that they had on the J. Russell Barlow and the Grand Dad's Barlow :
34zk7d1.jpg
[/IMG]

I've never seen it on anything else, very cool:cool::thumbup:

Eric

my treasured Kious # 97 of 100. and a custom 61ot and some crazy unexplained fillet knife with wierd derlin brown and tan (not saw cut) handles and old timer shield, uh167 blade and camp tri mount 50th anniversery 1946-1996 etch. probablly a franken knife or something im sure but Ive never seen an old timer handle like that.-Joel

zztraders023.jpg

Whoever talked you into an ugly fillet knife like that anyway Joel?

The red 61OT seems to have a nice blade engraving, and that Kious, if it isn't a testamony to swap threads.... but that 167UH.

OK, it looked to me like the same handle as a 206 Barlow, and the same as a Kentucky or Tennessee Whittler. It's a beauty and maybe fairly uncommon in my book.

cc2d_12.jpg
1c98_1.jpg

Hey Thawk, I forgot about those whittlers:eek:, very perceptive:D

hadent had my fixed blades out in a long time since I moved agaaaain! anyway since were showing off these guys never get a chance in the spot light.
zztraders030.jpg

I love fillet knives
zztraders025.jpg

just a few fixed blades that never get a chance in the spot light and my picture taking skills suck.
zztraders026.jpg

cant leave these guys behind
zztraders029.jpg

a couple special ones including the santa one my son will get when I think he's old enough not to stab me.
zztraders027.jpg

zztraders028.jpg

and the Joel sandeno genuine illinois stag custom imperial. sorry for all the pics Im really bored and my son is finally asleep.- Joel

Don't ever be sorry about posting pics, that is a nice collection! Can't think of a better way to familiarize folks with what was put out over the years.

An Alaskan Old Timer Hunter -SW vintage:
n2o8rm.jpg
[/IMG]

A Copenhagen 165, circa 1994
e96o39.jpg
[/IMG]

A mysterious Shikari 165
162a5g6.jpg
[/IMG]

A Schrade -Walden pearl lobster (a manicure blade pivots out of the bottom but I didn't want to strain the spring any more than it was already). A number of these small knives came in some attractive boxes:
2r2nb45.jpg
[/IMG]

Another pearl Cut. Co:
34nqm0w.jpg
[/IMG]

Just trying to show the incredible diversity of products the company was capable of producing. And this doesn't scratch the surface of what was put out over its 100 year history!

Eric

Let me show you why I check in here, and how I REALLY feel about Schrades!
DSC01308.jpg

DSC01305.jpg

Back