This just in ~ from España • The Navajas of ArtesaniaHerreros

Pinemoon Pinemoon - Don that is a real sweet Classic. Talk about a stout built little fellow! Very enjoyable and interesting to see José's ability to build to one's desires. Impressive my friend and congratulations!

Pinemoon Pinemoon - Don that is a real sweet Classic. Talk about a stout built little fellow! Very enjoyable and interesting to see José's ability to build to one's desires. Impressive my friend and congratulations!
Thanks Dwight.
It's always nice to get a new navaja. Sharing it with you all enriches the experience, too.
Be nice to all be around a table together somewhere (with our navajas) and toasting to the good life.
To Jose'...

440b is good,everything depends on heat treat and geometry,then the steel type.Ill test it out and let you guys know how it holds edge after few sharpenings.

Do you have a table on MOONRISE? That would more than triple the fun though after before toasting to José we might all need to consider lanyards on our knives. :)

Knives and boat and backyard - I think you have quite a bit of BEAUTY covered in your life Don!

Ray

Last edited:
Do you have a table on MOONRISE? That would more than triple the fun though after some toasting to José we might
all need to consider lanyards on our knives. :)

Knives and boat and backyard - I think you have quite a bit of BEAUTY covered in your life Don!

View attachment 1129191

Ray
Thanks Ray,
I've been very busy readying Moonrise for the season. Hope to launch next week :thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to posting knife pics from the deck this summer. And yes a table!

Anyone with a navaja by @ArtesaniaHerreros gets free admission this summer ;)

Sebago Lake is home sweet home for me from May-Sept :)

I just got my vendetta from Jose and was pleasantly surprised how sturdy the knife feels and quality is very good.Jose is overall a nice guy, keeps his word and excellent craftsman.Will be ordering another one soon.

Very cool L lonestar1979 . We are all members of the José fan club. One of his knives in hand is evident enough that we do not exaggerate. :thumbsup:

Hope you will post some photos for us. We all want to see what we are missing. ;)

Ray

I just got my vendetta from Jose and was pleasantly surprised how sturdy the knife feels and quality is very good.Jose is overall a nice guy, keeps his word and excellent craftsman.Will be ordering another one soon.
Very nice to hear.
Congrats on your new navaja :)
Yes, Jose' is a real gentleman, great to work with. Welcome to the club :thumbsup:

I'm thrilled with mine too. In my pocket right now. Show us pictures, please. :)

Still havent learnt how to post pics,but i started using the knife and it cuts great,is thin behind the edge and stock thickness is perfect,gave it few swipes on sharpmaker and it whittles hair(12c27 is easy to sharpen and behaves like stainless carbon steel).Im getting ready to order another one,maybe classic navaja in 1095 ,will have to ask Jose which one of his steel choices is best overall for edge holding and ease of sharpening,and also like rustic look of carbon steels,and how easily they take scary sharp edge on any type of sharpener.Well done 440c is also one of my favourites.

L lonestar1979 - what device are you using for photos? Posting photos from a lap or desk top can't be easier but if you are using a phone I have no idea. Still, we might be able to help. If you can email photos we can upload for you - is one work around. Try me here.

Ray

How's it hanging? You might ask. :rolleyes: Been keen to set up my new sailors knife with a sheath and lanyard. Boating season is on hold until we get 2 weeks of 70° weather in a row (2 days would be nice). At this rate it could be July 12 . :( In the meantime we have preparations. Not the least of which was to get my Armada Navaja ready for sea action.:)

Here is what has developed -

Another MAX CAPDEBARTHES all leather sheath, with lanyard by moi, bead by unidentified maker from Indonesia (as I recall).

Set up to carry securely from my wrist without restricting the use of the knife. I would really need to be trying to have this fall of, though it is loose enough to slip on and off my wrist. The carved wood bead does not slide it just ends the lanyard and provides a positive grip for withdrawing from the sheath.

Nice set up if I say so myself. :thumbsup: :cool:

Ray

Last edited:
How's it hanging? You might ask. :rolleyes: Been keen to set up my new sailors knife with a sheath and lanyard. Boating season is on hold until we get 2 weeks of 70° weather in a row (2 days would be nice). At this rate it could be July 12 . :( In the meantime we have preparations. Not the least of which was to get my Armada Navaja ready for sea action.:)

Another MAX CAPDEBARTHES all leather sheath, with lanyard by moi, bead by unidentified maker from Indonesia (as I recall).

View attachment 1135946

Set up to carry securely from my wrist without restricting the use of the knife. I would really need to be trying to have this fall of, though it is loose enough to slip on and off my wrist. The carved wood bead does not slide it just ends the lanyard and provides a positive grip for withdrawing from the sheath.

View attachment 1135947

View attachment 1135951

Ray
That's a beautiful package there, Ray :cool:
The lanyard, sheath and bead are very unique. The knife, too, of course.

The weather and season has been way behind here. I launched my boat last week; did two cruises over the weekend on the lake, but I'm sure the ocean where you are is still kicking up cool breezes. Looks like a shorter season this year :(

At any rate, you're a lucky knife-nut. That navaja setup is first-rate :cool:

View attachment 1135946

View attachment 1135947

View attachment 1135951

Ray
Well done on all fronts.

Zieg

Thanks folks. I think will be well worth the effort. Otherwise, I have no knives with lanyards. Don't really care for danglies off my knives. Would care much less, however, for tossing this knife overboard without me attached. :rolleyes: :D

Yes, we are still in the heating season here. Boat hasn't even been uncovered. :( I may need to take a day off to come boating on Sebago with you Don. ;)

Ray

Last edited:
Back