This looks like a good place for #100

MacHete

Hair Cropper & Chipmunk Wrangler
Well, I found myself at 99 posts a little while ago (a long-passed milestone to many of you) and decided to hit the C-note in the room that made me love these forums. I had bounced around a little before finding GH. In other rooms I found a lot of knowledge, but also a lot of know-it-alls; a lot of friendly folk and a lot of freaky folk. At GH, the atmosphere has always been courteous, the topics engaging and strangers made welcome. It troubles me to see the ghouls and vultures coming around now, now that this forum has slowed down so much. I miss Craig and updates on special projects and stories of the kamis. I hope he is doing well and decides to come back soon. If not, I just want everyone to know how much I've enjoyed this room and how much I appreciate the company of what I consider to be the cream of these forums.

Hi there MacHete.
You should come by the Himalayan Imports forum. It's the best place to talk khukuris on the web and the folks are there are really great people! GH is kind of a lonely place now and I'm not sure if Craig is comming back.

Very, very well said MacHete. Your post put exactly the way it is to me also. The #2 son and I went out for our groundhog season opener today, and we each took our GH khukuris - MJ and WW2. Didn't kill anything, but it was very good to be out in God's country with the steel.

Good to hear from you, and an excellent choice for your C-post, if I might say so my own self.

Take care,

dan

I think we all need to pray for Nepal now! I fear that the the Maoists might overthrough the country and that will mean the death of many good people and the end of high quality khukuris forever!:( You can read more on this over on the H.I. forum. God be with them!

Back