THK News, Events and Updates

james terrio

Sharpest Knife in the Light Socket
OK you lunatics, here's where I'll post what's new, what's going on, what's happenin', what it is, what it shall be, and most importantly, updates on your orders. Plus other fun stuff as I come up with it.

There are still 2 great knives in the November Sale Thread needing happy homes. There will be a few more at the end of the month, as I keep busy finishing up old stock while the current HT batch is getting squared away. The blades I ground at the old shop in WI are almost all gone now *sniff sniff*... the end of an era... highly collectible stuff, I tell ya! This current batch will be the first one completely ground and finished here at the new shop in Knoxville... that's kind of exciting, too!

Lots of new goodies coming down the pike to wrap up 2013 and get 2014 off to a good start... new models, new features, new finishes. I'll be unveiling some of them (hopefully) around Christmas time. Stayed tuned!

Today's other newsflash is... tomorrow's my birthday. Can't believe I'm going to be 43... frankly I'm astonished to have lived this long. In case anyone's wondering, I wear XXL shirts, prefer wool blend socks, and drink Kentucky bourbon. Just sayin' :foot:

Last edited:
Happy Birthday JT! I was just about to send your Bday gift out, But the t-shirt was the wrong size, The socks where cotton, and your bottle of Makers Mark didnt make it to the post office. So, sounds like your screwed. But I had the best of intentions! BBBBBBBUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you have a good day!

CRS is in force today. So if you don't get a birthday card, I forgot to send it. I'll drink a toast to you while wearing my
100% wool socks. Happy birthday.!!!

Thanks guys! I like this planet, and I plan on sticking around for quite a while :)

hippo birdie 2 ewe!

sorry - not giving you any of my wool socks, but I might have a spare sweater if you need one of those. ;)

Congrats on the new forum, James!

Can you tell us more about what you did to the modified Old Hickory in your current sale thread?

Congrats on the new forum, James!

Can you tell us more about what you did to the modified Old Hickory in your current sale thread?

Sure, what would you like to know? The only thing really different is that I annealed and cut apart some copper pipe and cold-forged it flat for the liners. Other than that it's a pretty straightforward re-handle job. I did crown the spine a little bit near the tip and square it off near the handle, for scraping/striking sparks.

Got some materials in today for a couple custom projects... 1" hex bar and clear polycarbonate sheeting...

Now why in the wide wide world of sports would I need hex bar and poly sheet for making knives? :confused:

;)

Last edited:
Got some materials in today for a couple custom projects... 1" hex bar and clear polycarbonate sheeting...

Now why in the wide wide world of sports would I need hex bar and poly sheet for making knives? :confused:

;)

Your nuts. Or it could be, you're nuts.

Hey James, I just now saw that Angie had a birthday the other day, Tell her happy belated B-day. give her my best!

Thanks again guys, Miss Angie is very pleased by and grateful for all your well-wishes!

I should point out that my dear wife is an absolutely integral part of THK. She not only keeps me on track and helps me with Research and Development, she also has the tremendously-important job of hand-stitching all our leather sheaths - and I daresay she's the best in the business. Her attention to detail and uncompromising standards are an inspiration.

She's not just my wife and business partner, she's my best friend :)

Just got a box full of heat-treated CPM-154 blades back from Peters'. I expect another batch of Elmax back in the next week or so. Progress continues, and each custom knife will be completed in the order in which it was received. Thank you all for your patience and support!

Back