Thoughts about pre-orders

I have it on good authority that Justin thinks that he has sent you some "top-shelf" Osage in the past. I hope that when you unveil woods mañana, you make some sorta doggie toy with Justin's old Osage and then let Sadie & Ziggy just go for it. Haha!

P.S. for those who are not as sharp as Unc. Matty, Nathan just let the cat outta bag: Friday Fun Sale aka FFS :D

This post is, or should be, punishable by death.

That Osage log in question has probably 15 years of dust on it, it’s ready to go and it’s stunning. So long as it didn’t get lost.

I can see both sides of the argument:
- yes, there's always the possibility of unforeseen circumstances
- I have faith in CPK.

Like other CPK'ers, I've lost interest in other knifemaker's fixed blade offerings.

I've tried my hand at the Friday sales, and gotten incredibly lucky ONCE, out of numerous attempts. I'm generally always on the road for work during the Friday sales, which means I'm at the mercy of whatever spotty connection I get by the roadside. If it wasn't for the preorders (and the help of some fellow CPK'ers) , I wouldn't have the majority of the CPKs I do.

Ultimately, while I understand that there's always the risk of unforeseen circumstances arising, CPK has always delivered. They've always been up front about production time and delivery estimates, as well as keeping folks informed about delays. I'm currently patiently awaiting 2 UFs and 2 K18s on preorder, and will definitely be in for at least 1 DEK1 (probably 2), when that preorder opens.

That Osage log in question has probably 15 years of dust on it, it’s ready to go and it’s stunning. So long as it didn’t get lost.

animals-can-be-jerks-best-funny-compilation-e1498992947970.jpg

CPK is a awesome company and I don’t need to see their Balance Sheet to pre-order a knife. I hope CPK continues to do pre-orders but if that changes over time as long as I can get my hands on their knives I’ll be happy. I’m a redneck logger changed over to public accounting to pay the bills. Most of the negative I’ve read is just comical (LLC) and false with not enough information to make any kind of conclusion. So I have no problem with the pre-order. Just my thoughts about pre-orders.

20190829_162033.jpg

The next time someone sends me a piece of wood I'm putting it in the fireplace...

Back