Thoughts and impressions if the new Micro/IBBB/Bawanna Bowie Good and bad.

Yeah you have to look at it a while and make your brain do some funny stuff eh?
Wow! Just wow! Looks like you picked a good spot on the checkering, I don't see no horrible boo boo's. That over the pins one baffles me, I guess your right my eyes are totally messed with.

That is soooo cool, give an interesting view of the work. Man all those pores in the leather by my name is crazy and the checkering job definitely plays tricks with the eye. Great pics as usual man

I still can't wrap my head around the pin checkering. I just don't see it. I don't see diamonds, don't make no sense.

Wait what day was yesterday, and wait again, I have to go back and see if we're still googleknife today. I hate April 1. It was my hire date here at the PD, can you believe that. It was funny at the time.

I'd volunteered for a year and chief came by and said they wanted to hire me, my old good chief, not the poser we have now. I asked so then I have to come in at a certain time and leave at a certain time and follow rules and do what you say and all that stuff and she said yeah. I said it sucks. She said your already doing it or I wouldn't hire you.. Then I remember what day it was and I told her I get it, good one.
But she wasn't foolin.

This spot reserved for some incoming Mr. Steve Tall report and photo's. I come to see but I guess I got here too soon.

Gonna be cool!

Here are a couple photos of my Bawanna Bowie (custom checkered by the man himself) with the new sheath from Pugs that arrived today. As you can imagine, I'm extremely happy with the whole package:

IMG_4217B.JPG

IMG_4204B.JPG

IMG_4235B.JPG

I posted some more photos of this sheath (with commentary) in the cantina thread about Pugs Pants:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1158979-Post-your-Pugs-Pants!-%28pugs75-sheath-thread%29?p=13388554#post13388554

Another distinguished looking package there. I really like that skipline checkering. Bawanna and Pugs, between the 2 of you what HI made as an incredible little knife to begin with has been enhanced to become incredible useable artwork. Everyone involved in the package that are these checkered and leather dressed darlings is a true craftsman. I am holding together my patience hoping the troubles at the forge get resolved soon and Auntie tells us that a new order of these is going to be made. Because I really want to acquire one of these functional little darlings.

Steve,
Im glad it got to you safely. I always cross my fingers when sending my work out, Im very happy you like it. It is a very classy rig with Bawannas fine checkering and some nice pants. When you think about it, there is not too many of these out there, and when people see them they are wowed by the fine blade work, now couple them with a little extra custom work and a rig worthy of a few wow's. Enjoy it my friend.

I got a surprise today in my triangle box. Along with the KMVUK I ordered, there was a folded piece of cardboard that looked different from Auntie's usual packing material. I unfolded it and found this drawing.

DSCF5049_zpsba8013ef.jpg~original

Could this be one of Bhakta's original design drawings for the micro bowie? Hmm...

That's priceless, could be hysterical, I mean historical, always get them too mixed up.

Sure looks like your onto something. Might be the blue print for the first mini bowie, seems about the same size? The handle was already sorted out when the micro was conceived? I'd frame that, it's special.

Wow! Thats cool! Looks like they were trying to figure out how to do the fullers? I agree that should go in the histerical books! He He! Had to pull my micro out real quick for reference:D

Way awesome! as my Niece and Nephews would say. Or maybe that is old now and they have a new saying, Probably.

Anyways, I looked again in my boxes and all I got is a bunch of newspaper and some beautiful Khuks. So all in all I am really happy with what came out of mine, but you better hang onto that. Appears to be an interesting artifact of the HI bowie collection.

Looks like he might have been trying to put a traditional khuk handle on the bowie to start with. That have a little bit of a swale in the middle as they are, a bit more wouldn't hurt neither but I'm completely content with mine.

When I'm feeling blue or just about any other color for that matter I just put my hand on it and I seem to be ok.

I got a surprise today in my triangle box. Along with the KMVUK I ordered, there was a folded piece of cardboard that looked different from Auntie's usual packing material. I unfolded it and found this drawing.

Could this be one of Bhakta's original design drawings for the micro bowie? Hmm...

Not that I like to sound dramatic - But if the shop is at the point of using artifact of "historical" value for packaging. Then it an only gives an indication on how times are difficult out there.

Or it could be a case of waste not want not and it wasn't important to them. Most of the historical stuff we cherish today wasn't important to anyone at the time of it's origin.

Or it could be a case of waste not want not and it wasn't important to them. Most of the historical stuff we cherish today wasn't important to anyone at the time of it's origin.

Your wisdom never cease to amaze me. My grand father used to cut his cigaret box and draw things on back (white unprinted side). When he was lucky he could get enough money from the drawing to buy another pack of cigaret.

Today, the remain of his drawings are now in private collections and museums. I myself cannot even afford to acquire one of those.

There ya go. Your grand father was a very wise man. And that's exactly what I'm taking about.

I don't throw much away myself. I figure it'll all have a place in my presidential library when the time comes. Probably should be very soon, got my work cut out for me.

Snow that story is a great example of the lives versus the fame of artists. You have me curious. I would love to see some of your Grandfather's art. Do you know if any of it has been cataloged online either for a museum or maybe one of the auction houses if a private collection was sold? Just fascinated by the idea.

Back