Thoughts and impressions if the new Micro/IBBB/Bawanna Bowie Good and bad.

You know that did come to mind when I saw that sno. I was thinking if you could shape it like the traditional Khuk handle on that end and make the wood go all the way back like you did on yours it might look pretty cool. Might look pretty funky too (too much handle?) but you would still have to flatten the back of the tang? Chiruwa Micro Mini Ang Khola Bowie Hmm. CMMAKB. Yet another Bowie to my collection? I have to think about that. I need another Bowie like I need another wife telling me I cant have another Bowie:D
Most of you seen the picture already but before y'all truncate the extra metal estate behind the handle.
I just want to remind you that there is also another option to make use of the space. And it works extremely well on the "original" size MMB.
View attachment 436984

Most of you seen the picture already but before y'all truncate the extra metal estate behind the handle.
I just want to remind you that there is also another option to make use of the space. And it works extremely well on the "original" size MMB.
View attachment 436984

I agree that would be an excellent option on the "Original". On the long handle there is plenty of room even for the biggest hands, it's still an excellent option but not many would benefit from it. That full handle over shortened tang would be nice.
I'm kind of a minimalist, I just don't want any extra baggage I don't need. One of many reasons I so love the "Original", its like it was made just for me.

I defnitely agree with the minimalist side of things as well since mine is an appendage of my body. I had my tail docked when I was younger since I didnt need it either.
I agree that would be an excellent option on the "Original". On the long handle there is plenty of room even for the biggest hands, it's still an excellent option but not many would benefit from it. That full handle over shortened tang would be nice.
I'm kind of a minimalist, I just don't want any extra baggage I don't need. One of many reasons I so love the "Original", its like it was made just for me.

I'm minimalist even with Pugs leather, kind of a save the beaver kind of thing I guess. Just don't want any more bulk than necessary. He's got it figured out perfectly. Although I'm told he's still on a beaver hit list.

Yep I am. Just got another nice one in for a project, prolly the nicest one yet, as far as texture goes. Gonna make someone very happy I hope.

I have very little doubt that someone will be very happy. I can feel it in my cells.

... I'm told he's still on a beaver hit list.

Yep! Hes still there! Were probably there too somewhere!

8476870eba2ffd170f62f1e8422cb3ea

Anybody notice that Bhakta is using a new mark on the long handle micro bowie's. The 3 I have now have a Trident or a pitch fork, not sure which. He used to be the bow and arrow guy. Wonder what's up ?

I'm in the final stretch of a makeover on two of the 3. The one I left at work for the Sgt. I'm sure I'll have his on the bench soon also.

I'll try to post some pics prior to close of business this evening.

Bow and arrow on my long handled micro brewie.
Maybe he had some help from trident Kami with some of them?

That's comforting to me. Bhakta is still pounding out Bowies. The helper is learning well, a bit more finish technique on the handle end of things and he'll be good to go.

I believe the trident is new kami Kumar's mark. Looks like the same one as on my KMVUK.

That's comforting to me. Bhakta is still pounding out Bowies. The helper is learning well, a bit more finish technique on the handle end of things and he'll be good to go.

You are right. The metal butt looks more refined on the bow and arrow one I have.
If one is super picky the horn on the end could be polished more around the hole there. But doesn't bother me. Still might buff it a bit. No harm and if I've time to perfect it a bit, why not?
What's a bit more risky is my second plan. Sharpening the front tail of the metal butt into an emergency screwdriver. Will also help me to rip open boxes without dulling the primary edge.

Last edited:
I looked all over for that post where Auntie named the new kami's and their marks but couldn't find it.

I think Lachu is a trident too, I get em all mixed up sometimes. I semi guess it was one of the new guys though.

I still have to check the 3rd one I got for a sgt here but the other two are Tridents and I'm near positive his is also, looks the same.

Im thinking Lachhu is Raya (sun Kami) and Kumar is the cross.
From 3/19 DOTD:
3-14-14003_zpsc9716048.jpg

Last edited:
I will take a picture of the trident mark on my KMVUK when I get home later.

Hmmmm... maybe mine is a cross mark too and not a trident? I may be mistaken. I will take a look when I get home.

My mistake... my KMVUK has the plus sign mark like Jens'. I do have two khuks with the trident mark, but they are both over 10 years old made by kami Shankar.

Yep I am. Just got another nice one in for a project, prolly the nicest one yet, as far as texture goes. Gonna make someone very happy I hope.

I am absolutely positive whoever she is she is going to LOVE it. I am sure that anything you make with that beaver tail is going exquisite.

Interesting to hear about the twists and turns in the kami mark story.

Are we gonna have matching tails?:eek:
I am absolutely positive whoever she is she is going to LOVE it. I am sure that anything you make with that beaver tail is going exquisite.

Interesting to hear about the twists and turns in the kami mark story.

Well, Your's and Bawanna's might have been mentioned as style that I really liked for the IBBB sheath. And I did say that if a beaver happened to leave a tail handy that I would love to see what could be done with it. Then we talked about slight mods so it would fit me properly, But until I open up the box I don't know what it will be like, except for being certain it is going to be awesome.

Back