Thoughts on LT Wright Switchback

Hey guys,

I'm considering to purchase an L.T Wright Switchback, but I couldn't find any reviews or anything on the internet. It's not even listed on L.T's website.

So if you guys own one or have tried it first hand, please share your thoughts.

It's one of the few LTWKs that I can afford.

Cheers,
AJ

I think it's an exclusive so only Kniveshipfree can have it (only place I could find mention of it). Looking at the specs quick, it's just a touch longer than the next gen but has more of a countoured handle like the GNS. It should perform quite well. It has a long handle and the weight suggests it has some girth so it should be nice for harder uses, based on the handle feel, with a smaller blade.

This is all speculation because it seems like a knife that doesn't get out much because it's exclusive. This just means your chance of many reviews will be limited which is why I'm giving an "estimated review" in it's place. I would look at the store's return policy to see if ordering and returning is a good option. I just looked at KSF's website and they offer 100% store credit which means you could do a little shopping there if it doesn't suit you.

I will say, LT has the nicest scandi grind I've seen on a knife, and I tend to dislike scandi's. I give LT an exception, though I still take a flat saber grind whenever possible from LT.

Hopefully you'll get some 1st person reviews soon.

Side note: if you are on facebook, LT has been posting up a few "flash sales" of pronghorns which is a low cost knife more similar to a puukko than a Kephart. I think there may have been one on the exchange here recently (or it was a different forum and I'm mistaken).

They have it listed on Amazon also,so it's not exclusive, but damn near,lol.. I own a LT Wright bushcrafter and love the knife overall but the handle is round.....just round, no contours to speak of. That's the only thing I don't care for. The Switchback has a nice contour to it.
They build very solid, heavy duty feel to the knives, and the heat treat is real good. A2 is good steel,but they do their own voodoo during mfg, I believe.

I also have one, from DLT Trading. Love it to pieces. Such a perfect size, handle is great, love the laser sharp scandi grind from the factory. Really can't say enough good things about LT Wright knives.

Back