Thoughts on Tony Bose collaboration Case knives?

King of the Cheese

Stillborn!
Platinum Member
Anyone own a Bose collab. that has actually used it for EDC? What have your thoughts been? Is it worth the cost?

I really can only find initial impression type reviews.. haven’t seen much from anyone that has actually used one.

Thanks

I’m not into traditionals enough to buy a knife from Tony Bose, but a Case/Bose lets me dip my toes into the pool.
I’ve had a Case/Bose tribal spear for 3 or 4 years now and I carry it to church and other non-work events. I love it, feels refined, no frills yet classy and fully capable. Sharpening is a breeze with a fine diamond plate and strop, still feels as smooth and solid as the day I got it, but it hasn’t been “worked hard”.
3081D2DF-7BF3-4A39-AEED-7825E91F958F.jpeg

Part of the problem is that you are on a knife forum. Very few people around these parts actually carry the same knife every day. Folks around here tend to buy knives in bunches, so any particular knife gets relatively little use compared to our grandfathers who owned 1 or maybe 2 knives at a time.

I only have one, the 2013 WT. If my knife is representative of the lineup as a whole, they are excellent knives indeed.

I don't use mine enough to comment.
It's hard for me to use such an expensive and exquisite knife for mundane tasks.
But I often grab it and marvel at its beauty and the quality of the build... it's worth the money I'd say.

Last edited:
You might find some thoughts about the Case/Tony Bose collaborations here - lots of good info.

I’m thinking of picking up a 2020 lannys clip lockback in black canvas… but I’m mostly trying to figure out if this is a $500 knife, or if it’s a Case knife with the name “Tony Bose” on The box. Basically, do you pick this thing up and say “yup, that’s definitley a $500 knife, worth every cent”? From what I’m seeing, people would agree.

You might find some thoughts about the Case/Tony Bose collaborations here - lots of good info.

Thank you, that’s a big help!

Basically, do you pick this thing up and say “yup, that’s definitley a $500 knife, worth every cent”?
I don't think any knife is worth $500.00 🤣
Do I think it's a very high quality build and uses upgraded materials... Yes!
Do I think it's one of the highest quality production knives you can buy... Yes!
Do I think it's better than anything else Case or GEC offers... Yes!
Do i think it's worth the retail price... No!

Do I think it's one of the highest quality production knives you can buy... Yes!
Well, I guess I’ll have to pay to play! I have a lannys lockback on the way. With Tony Bose passing away in 2020, I’m sure the 2020 collaboration is one to be treasured by all, as well as any of the previous versions.

Lol...get out of my head John. Do I like paying $500 for a knife? No way, I'd love it if I could still buy a dozen Sheffield lamb foot knives for $1.25. But whether it's a Case/Bose, GEC, or Jerome Latreille custom, I pay the price because that's what it costs to get the knife I want.

I do not own any Bose/Case collabs , nor have I in the past, so I can't really speak to personal experience regarding them.

However, I can speak to why I have had cold feet regarding them and why I continue to have said cold feet. I have no problem with shelling out $500+ on a knife - if it's worth it to oneself, who is anyone to judge? That said, with the reports that I have seen with QC issues on these, especially considering the price tag, I remain rather wary. You shouldn't have to worry that a knife may or may not pass muster when you shell out that kind of cash for one but when more than a few folks have mentioned that their experiences have been less than perfect, it gives me pause.

All that said, I understand that Case will absolutely take care of you if there are issues - so there is that to fall back on if needed.

I think they are worth every penny and a tremendous value esp. like was mentioned if you get a good one. Some make it out though that aren't that great but in my experience Case does a decent enough job honoring their warranty. They do make a fine actual use and carry knife too. I've always been blessed with owning the "right tool for the job" so I always use my knives for the tasks they were intended for and never had an issue with one performance wise. I've owned nearly a dozen over the years. That said, no way I'd pay over $400 for a single blade one. I'd find an actual custom maker and spend a little more perhaps for a real deal custom. For the multi-blade models though they are about half what a custom maker can make one for and in some cases better.

I'm glad not everybody shares your opinion on that first line John. :) The knife world would be pretty boring and bland if they did.

Well, I guess I’ll have to pay to play! I have a lannys lockback on the way.
I hope you are as thrilled with it as I am with mine. 🤠:thumbsup:
I'm glad not everybody shares your opinion on that first line John.
That's just me, and i don't represent anybody but myself. ;)
A $500 knife would just sit around and look pretty, I'd be too afraid to use it, so it's not worth it to me.
I'm not judging others that feel it's a worthwhile expenditure... Lord knows i waste enough money on other hobbies. 😁

A $500 knife would just sit around and look pretty, I'd be too afraid to use it, so it's not worth it to me.
I'm not judging others that feel it's a worthwhile expenditure... Lord knows i waste enough money on other hobbies. 😁
You ain’t livin’ until you experience the freedom of using a $500 knife!

I understand your trepidation Dylan, it's not unfounded. But if you are in the US, you can buy a Case/Bose with little risk other than the cost of sending the knife back to the dealer.

Knife nuts are a silly bunch. Spending $500 on a production knife is madness. But plenty of folks are willing to do just that, not just with the Case/Bose collabs, but also with GECs bought on the secondary market.

I can respect that John and I took no offense. There's been more than a few high dollar blades pass through my hands that I just couldn't ever bring myself to carry or use. And lord knows I don't buy stuff to just admire and sit so they were easy to let go.

I understand your trepidation Dylan, it's not unfounded. But if you are in the US, you can buy a Case/Bose with little risk other than the cost of sending the knife back to the dealer.

Knife nuts are a silly bunch. Spending $500 on a production knife is madness. But plenty of folks are willing to do just that, not just with the Case/Bose collabs, but also with GECs bought on the secondary market.

Frankly, I would be more inclined to spend 500 bucks on a Case/Bose collab, despite my misgivings, than pay that amount for a GEC. I actually do have my eye out for an older Case/Bose - I just haven't crossed paths with one yet.

Back