Thoughts on ZombieTools

Dergyll

Gold Member
Hello friends,
Anybody own one? Thoughts on the comfort and steel? Watched some youtube videos and everyone seems to love them, would love some expert thoughts.
Would love to get one of the more "usable" ones like the machete or kukri.
Thank you for your time

Thank you for the reply, please keep me in mind and let me know your thoughts, that was one of the ones I was looking at.

Theres something about zombietools that attracts me...

I don't have any ZT products. Not yet anyway. But at some point in the future I'd like to own the Reaver Cleaver.

Theres something about zombietools that attracts me...

It's kinda hard not to like at least some of their designs. Aesthetically some of them look like they'd fit right into the 300 film.

I agree. It's got a rustic look that screams "USE ME" and I'm not afraid to beat up a 300$ piece.

I think that they are having fun and building a decent product for a niche market with some truly ridiculous marketing.... Which is perfect for that space.

They had a booth at the Portland OR show a couple years back and I got to handle all their stuff. Pretty heavy! Except for the Sharkelope, that thing was balanced like a legit piece of fighting hardware. Didn't let me chop anything though, alas

They had a booth at the Portland OR show a couple years back and I got to handle all their stuff. Pretty heavy! Except for the Sharkelope, that thing was balanced like a legit piece of fighting hardware. Didn't let me chop anything though, alas

Well if they let one person chop, they've gotta let everyone chop. And with the quality of their tools being what they are, they probably didn't bring enough chopping material for everyone.

I own several and I love 'em.

Nigh indestructable blades (if you don't shoot a 7.62x39 assault rifle cartridge at them... go look that up), super functional (for chopping things) and really, really well made. Yeah, they're a bit on the heavy side, but not really overbuild for what they are. And yeah, they're costly, but for what you get they're not overpriced.

And apart from that, Joey and the guys are hilariously easy to deal with and super fun people. Here's a very authentic article about ZT: https://www.gearpatrol.com/outdoors/a639533/zombie-tools-feature/#6

I highly recommend any Zombie Tools model if you enjoy that whole post-apocalyptic theme and well crafted blades.

I would be curious to hear from users as to hand comfort in the choppers. I am leaning towards the parabellum. Just wondering if it is going to have serious hotspots with the wrap VS contoured grip.

Bill

I would be curious to hear from users as to hand comfort in the choppers. I am leaning towards the parabellum. Just wondering if it is going to have serious hotspots with the wrap VS contoured grip.

Bill

... I actually got two of these:

IMG-0781.jpg

The handle has a slight swell to sit in the palm, not too pronounced, though. The leather holds up great. I find it quite comfortable with or without gloves. Didn't notice any hotspots while handling, on any of my ZTs.

Love that Parabellum, I gotta get one, been watching online review on that blade. Thanks for the great pics also.

Love that Parabellum, I gotta get one, been watching online review on that blade. Thanks for the great pics also.

Definitely worth it. IMHO their most functional blade, in a weird EDC kinda way, and possibly the best bang for the buck in the ZT line up.
The wait always is a bit of a downer... but in a way it's part of the ZT fun for me.

Looking hard at the:
Parabellum: the smart functional choice
Vakra: the in-love choice
Xiphos: SO COOL choice

Gah, this is too hard, might have to catch em all at some point...

Ahhh, the Vakra. I still want that one.
Another time, perhaps. Too many projects tugging at my wallet, and I decided not to pick up extra shifts this summer (so I can work on said projects AND have time for fun and relaxation)

I've got the Mack Daddy-O (great piece with a bad name), it's baby brother - that Rat Bastard, and the TraumaHawk; so I'm not wholly unprepared...

I don't have any but have heard a lot about them from customers. Very popular as cool, touch and fun beater swords with a lot to like. Some of the more serious sword nuts have said that they could do with more distal taper and are a bit clunky in hand. Ultimately it depends onw hat you want out of the blade. For the purposes they're advertised for and that most people want them for I think they're great and not particularly overpriced.

Sorry I'm late to this thread, but i live the look of the Zombie Tools and I'm looking for a pretty intimidating self defense knife that, occasionally, I can chop up some things with. The overwhelming majority of the time I'll be using other knives & axes to chop wood, but every now and then I'll want to use the Zombie Tool knife (more like sword) I choose to do more than decapitate the living dead. I'll be living in my van hit the next few years... after it's finished being repaired (yes, less than 24 hours after beginning the vanlife I was rear-ended bea big truck and it did significant damage to the back and passenger side šŸ˜­ after a year of converting it from a van to an RV).

Anyway, I'm choosing between the sharkalope, the d'capitan sabre, and the deuce III. Does anyone have any experience with any of them?

I have no experience with those models, BUT there is a hellion on there exchange. Of course, it will cost as much as (or slightly more than) buying direct...the benefit being immediate availability vs a 6 month wait if ordered at ZT.

Back