Thread for showing off Custom Sheaths.

Makael.
Did you ever make sheaths that you did not sign or stamp in some way?
Eventually there may be a reason to authenticate your product.
Is there a way we can look at the sheath and know it's yours?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Makael.

Thanks.
For a while i just used a tree logo. Burned in. Now its the stamp that says Maker, MTL with USA MADE below it. Now i try to stamp everything and only use the tree for knives i keep unless asked for.

Started this one last night but havent added the tree yet. English Bridal Leather.
Its a keeper.
20190823_083552.jpg 20190823_083601.jpg 20190823_083333.jpg

117 Brahma sheaths by Makael Makael . They’re fantastic. :thumbsup:

C493699-F-9486-40-A9-9343-A295-D93151-AB.jpg

E00-E9-B62-BFD7-470-F-B411-09-D3-F5-CF44-EA.jpg

A6E48C73-18E0-41A9-89F1-8A4A5D11E200.jpeg 18B329BC-1195-4D8C-A234-FE4A3350C102.jpeg 76C6B1EF-2F8C-4B07-9F03-AC97A92E56BD.jpeg This is the sheath that came with my Buck 117 through C&C. It is for a 105 and marked as such. It was about 3/4 inch longer than needed and after talking with the folks at c&c even the sheaths marked as 117 were the same size as a 105. So I decided to shorten it myself. After acquiring a hand harness stitching awl with waxed thread I removed the stitching and unfolded the sheath to lay flat to trace a pattern on thin cardboard. Then measured 3/4 in from bottom end I transferred the pattern onto the sheath also marking holes for stitches. Cut the new end to length, glued and then restitched the sheath. After trimming edges I used shoe polish to match color. It’s not perfect but it is just as sturdy as new and it’s a user. With before and after pictures.

View attachment 1190252 View attachment 1190251 View attachment 1190249 This is the sheath that came with my Buck 117 through C&C. It is for a 105 and marked as such. It was about 3/4 inch longer than needed and after talking with the folks at c&c even the sheaths marked as 117 were the same size as a 105. So I decided to shorten it myself. After acquiring a hand harness stitching awl with waxed thread I removed the stitching and unfolded the sheath to lay flat to trace a pattern on thin cardboard. Then measured 3/4 in from bottom end I transferred the pattern onto the sheath also marking holes for stitches. Cut the new end to length, glued and then restitched the sheath. After trimming edges I used shoe polish to match color. It’s not perfect but it is just as sturdy as new and it’s a user. With before and after pictures.
Nice job. Looks good.

Makael.

Thanks.

Yes, there a few out there when he first started. I have a few of them. I can tell by looking at them but you're right someone else wouldn't know who made it.....

I honestly think a custom sheath makes the knife special in some way.
It can be an ordinary production knife but put it in a nice sheath and it becomes a favorite.
Mike is easy to deal with and I trust him..

Like I said, "maybe I'll just collect cool handles with nice sheaths"...………….

I need to by some more Buffalo hide. Im down to just a couple sq ft.

Back