Thread for showing off Custom Sheaths.

Mak what is that texture on the window sheath called?
And i wonder if we could come up with a name for that window style sheath? I am ignorant if a name already exists?
Like Sheath with a view? Sneak peak? Peek a boo! Lol

Mak what is that texture on the window sheath called?
And i wonder if we could come up with a name for that window style sheath? I am ignorant if a name already exists?
Like Sheath with a view? Sneak peak? Peek a boo! Lol

The texture as you call it is the natural epidural of the skin...

How about David Nowlin's sheath??:D

Reading thru this made me think about how much a well designed beautiful shieth adds to the collecting experience..I have displayed some of the odd 112 shieth's Buck has made especially ones with heat stamping and special projects like the Goodyear Wrangler 432 and NY State police 112 LE 112 and any advertising or company logo shieth. I'm a still looking for a Morton Salt embossed shieth I've only heard about! Dave Yellowhorse made a few for early Fancy Lacy's 112 that are extremely rare too.. I wonder why shieths that show the blade are not more common considering how many collector knives are gold etched and have other beautiful artwork? Or for that matter folders with stunning handles and bolster and file work are routinely stuffed into the plainest black or tan leather shieth? So seeing some of the examples here has opened my eyes to what is possible and how much it can add to the collecting experience.
I was thinking why not have a shieth designed for a 110/112 NOT folded? The fixed blade 110 is the reason behind that thought but considering how many millions of 110/112 Bucks are out there many with stunning handles and bolsters it seems a shame to cover them up!

Reading thru this made me think about how much a well designed beautiful shieth adds to the collecting experience..I have displayed some of the odd 112 shieth's Buck has made especially ones with heat stamping and special projects like the Goodyear Wrangler 432 and NY State police 112 LE 112 and any advertising or company logo shieth. I'm a still looking for a Morton Salt embossed shieth I've only heard about! Dave Yellowhorse made a few for early Fancy Lacy's 112 that are extremely rare too.. I wonder why shieths that show the blade are not more common considering how many collector knives are gold etched and have other beautiful artwork? Or for that matter folders with stunning handles and bolster and file work are routinely stuffed into the plainest black or tan leather shieth? So seeing some of the examples here has opened my eyes to what is possible and how much it can add to the collecting experience.
I was thinking why not have a shieth designed for a 110/112 NOT folded? The fixed blade 110 is the reason behind that thought but considering how many millions of 110/112 Bucks are out there many with stunning handles and bolsters it seems a shame to cover them up!

In my state, an open knife/fixed blade cannot be concealed. You can have a folding machete and it can be concealed. You have a 2" fixed blade/opened knife cannot. ( land of the fruit's and nuts, if neither of those you're a vegetable).

From my understanding, you don't store your fixed blade knife in a sheath and wouldn't the Gold wash on the etching eventually wear off from the friction of the sheath?

Since it's cool -1 here thought I take a few pics. The horizontal is a one handed opening sheath. Design for the 110 it works perfect for my 317's so does the Harley sheath.

J64OaGB.jpg

asqhcju.jpg

34D1C5B5-8FAE-4208-A649-FB3770610D4C.jpeg 538D9C89-D8A7-4496-AED2-CECEDCD9FC8C.jpeg I bought the R.W.Wilson drop point hunter at a gun show and had a sheath made at a leather shop in Aspen CO. The sheath is one piece of leather except for the spacer protecting the stitches from the edge of the blade.
The Al Pendray Ivory and Wootz Bowie was purchased by a friend who made the Armadillo sheath. The back of the sheath is covered with raw hide to impart stiffness and prevent sliding.The Copper rivet keeps the knife from falling out.

Back