Three blems and one near perfect Thamar Dui chirra for 10/14

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
14 1/4 inch 22 ounce Trisul by Kumar. Satisal wood handle. Five minutes worth of rust removal time on the blade. Great deal at $75. *SOLD*

15.5 inch 22 ounce KLVUK by Keshar Lal. Keshar made the knife and forgot to mark the blade. The satisal wood handle developed huge crack. Make your own handle at $35.

18 inch 25 ounce WWII by Kumar. Nice blade and sheath. Epoxy fix crack in horn handle. True bargain for first time buyer at $80. *SOLD*

18 inch 25 ounce Dui Chirra by Thamar. The satisal wood handle took hit during shipment transit between Nepal and Reno and chipped and cracked. Kanchhi repaired the handle and now this knife is good as new. Good work by Kanchhi and Thamar. Add to your collection at $115. *SOLD*

Before

After

Email to himimp@aol.com to get any or all
First come first served

Last edited:
14 1/4 inch 22 ounce Trisul by Kumar. Satisal wood handle. Five minutes worth of rust removal time on the blade. Great deal at $75.

15.5 inch 22 ounce KLVUK by Keshar Lal. Keshar made the knife and forgot to mark the blade. The satisal wood handle developed huge crack. Make your own handle at $35.

18 inch 25 ounce WWII by Kumar. Nice blade and sheath. Epoxy fix crack in horn handle. True bargain for first time buyer at $80.

18 inch 25 ounce Dui Chirra by Thamar. The satisal wood handle took hit during shipment transit between Nepal and Reno and chipped and cracked. Kanchhi repaired the handle and now this knife is good as new. Good work by Kanchhi and Thamar. Add to your collection at $115.

Before

After

Email to himimp@aol.com to get any or all
First come first served

Sorry for the double post,

I am super busy today and will answer your email order as soon as I get back to my office
Thank you all for your patience

Oh nice deal on Dui Chirra! That gorilla glue works well! Nice job Kanchhi! I have been using that for repairs on wood cracks and it is unbelievably strong stuff! Dries fast too.

Grrrrr1!!!

Hmmm, Well done Dirtbiker. Happy for ya buddy.

I hate you!

No really I love you not in any mano mano way though.

Also sent an EMS on the Dui Chirra at the same time >_< would have been quicker if I could figure out how to copy and paste faster on my phone.

DOH! Missed a sweet Dui Churra! Way to go Dirtbiker, nice sharking! Nicksison, they are full tang, as in the tang goes all the way through and then is peened at the back.

Ems on the WWII

I'll have to review techniques on the epoxy fix, but this should be a great work horse.

Actually I think they call them Rat Tail tangs. Full Tang or Chiruwa is two slabs with the handle showing metal all the way around.

Rat Tail as you say, all the way through and peened is very strong.

You are correct Bawanna, I consider them both full tang, I need to get my terminology correct.

This dui chirra is very different from the previous Thamar dui chirras - the previous ones appeared to have three fullers, while Thamar's "Yek Chirra"s appeared to have two fullers, like this one has, but on the Yek Chirra I have, the fuller is quite different, and both of mine have more downward curve to the handles, which I really like:

My Thamar Yek Chirra:Yek Chirra by Thamar Bahadur 18 inch 21.5 ounce.jpg

My Thamar Dui Chirra:Dui Chirra by Thamar Bahadur 17 inch 23 ounce.jpg

Nice Yek and Dui Bob! You need a Tin:D

Xylum- Note what Kanchhi is doing in this post. That works great! Pack the crack with wood glue and sawdust mix with a popsicle stick or something.

This dui chirra is very different from the previous Thamar dui chirras - the previous ones appeared to have three fullers, while Thamar's "Yek Chirra"s appeared to have two fullers, like this one has, but on the Yek Chirra I have, the fuller is quite different, and both of mine have more downward curve to the handles, which I really like:

My Thamar Yek Chirra:View attachment 480810

My Thamar Dui Chirra:View attachment 480811

I see what you mean. Thamar seems to be starting to take on some of the current kamis style while I honestly would like to see it the other way around.

Back