Three legged woman Charlie

Would someone please tell me the origin of the three legged woman symbol that Waynorth uses on his TC Ancient Barlow knives and buttons? I know I read the answer around here somewhere but I can't seem to find it now. Just curious.
(Hi Charlie :))

Good to see you posting Rob:thumbsup: Let's see some of your knives again please.

I believe it has to do with Italian connexions and the Campagna ancestors. I might be all over the shop with this one though:D

Regards, Will

Huh! I zoomed in on that logo for a long, long time trying to piece together what it was. I saw the legs and the face but I thought there was no way that was what it was. Good to see I'm not losing my mind, haha.

I've seen it on Syracusan Greek coins and on something associated with the Isle of Mann.

It sure has made for one heck of a strange thread title! :D

Sounds to me like one of those deals where you use Google to translate a word or phrase into a different language and then back into English again. :D

(Just teasing, OP. I'm actually kind of amazed that I knew exactly what this thread was going to be about when I clicked on the unusual thread title. :cool:)

The Isle of Man Triskele is slightly different where there is no face in the center. Have seen some time ago that as mentioned above that the symbol was originally Greek.

Russell

Mark of Joseph Tyzack of Sheffield.

Tyzack mark.JPG

Whatever it is this is the coolest thread title ever.

I've seen it on Syracusan Greek coins and on something associated with the Isle of Mann.

It’s similar to the symbol of Sicily.

255px-Sicilian_Flag.svg.png

When I hear three legged woman My first thought is, “uh-oh.”

I'm actually kind of amazed that I knew exactly what this thread was going to be about when I clicked on the unusual thread title. :cool:)
You and the author of that title both sound like clever fellows :D

The mythological connection with the symbol was pretty interesting. Framed by Waynorth's initials like that, it's a perfect blade etch for the TC Ancients.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
My first encounter with the symbol was on the floor of the arena in the "Gamesters of Triskelion" episode of the original Star Trek TV series. (The female who was assigned to teach Kirk gladiator skills was almost too much for a 16-year-old boy to bear!)

- GT

Back