• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Good Three Rivers Manufacturing (TRM)

This company is an 11 out of 10.

I bought a @TRM "Machine" new from a third party and had a minor issue with it, and TRM has treated me like absolute royalty, despite not knowing me from Adam.

They were responsive and friendly from the start, and gave helpful advice over email. Ultimately I had to send them the knife, and I just got it back in the mail moments ago in better-than-new condition.

TRM also went above-and-beyond in some other ways. I don't want to be too specific, because I don't want people to come knocking on TRM's door expecting things they haven't promised. But I always admire a company that extends themselves to people who aren't asking!

To see a US company making small-run midtechs under $350, manufacturing them in Massachusetts, and supporting them in this way, is absolutely heartwarming. I'm going to have a hard time buying my next folder from anyone else. Their "Neutron" also won Nick Shabazz's knife of the year for 2018.

For those curious, the TRM Machine is really impressive. It's discontinued now, but the remainder of the production are still on sale at KnifeCenter.

I saw that video with the neutron was his best knife of 2018 pick. First time I had heard of three rivers. it put them on my radar and its Nice to read about your positive experience with their company. Gives an air of confidence if I decide to pick up one of their knives. I'm digging the atom model. 5 scale options, ti liners, 20cv, and lightweight. What's not to like.

I recently bought a BT-1000 Terzuola Midtech made by TRM here on the forum. It had an undisclosed lockup issue. I sent an email to TRM to inquire about getting it serviced, fees etc. and got a prompt and pleasant response to send it in so they could "show it some love". :) USPS tracking sent me a notification of the delivery and a couple hours later I received an email from them that it was on the way back. Crazy fast service. It came back perfectly dialed in and then included a knife taco and a TRM patch. Amazing service and super nice folks. All around wicked good experience. Being a Massachusetts Ex-Pat I couldn't be more proud.

Back