Thrifty Thursday... Cheap Traditional Knives

JohnDF

Gold Member
Micarta Monday, Trapper Tuesday, Wooden Wednesday...
We all carry some pretty nice knives, some of them are down right expensive.
I think we need a day devoted to those "cheap" inexpensive knives I know we all have.
"Thrifty Thursday" so we will carry those cheaper Traditional knives and show them some love.

A Colonial Scout Knife worthy of some pocket time. :cool::thumbsup:

All well under a double sawbuck, and perfectly good and useful knives.

QQdA2sC.jpg

OpT2q8k.jpg

qnkUrpx.jpg

bwAWNO8.jpg

lYj1xT4.jpg

About as cheap “TRIFTY” as they come.
EDDAC5C6-4320-4006-AC76-8C9131899A07.jpeg
A company promo piece from AMP Connectors from about 40 years ago. Sits in my desk drawer and handles most tape cuttin’, pry Barrin’, and schmutz pickin’ duties. Note “Hong Kong” manufacture, not China.

I have a lot of cheap knives, but I will spare you the everyday Moras and Opinels and Antoninis and Filmams and Doukdouks and get right down to the cheapest of the cheap.

The Kudu was selling for about five bucks the day I bought it. The Okapi went for nearly three times that.
The pride of this tableau is the Sani-Safe paring knife, $3.29 delivered.

D5ECE10E-1E91-4AFF-81D3-0315E81D2033.jpeg

More bottom-of-the-barrel Cold Steel, and a Cedar Ridge left under the seat of an old Ranger by the previous owner.

3E816475-833B-45EF-B8BE-8D5BC6B6EF1D.jpeg

“Inexpensive” describes my entire collection, of which there is a subset which can definitely be called “cheap”. Here are most of the ones I haven’t modified or rebuilt:
gwahNpH.jpg

And some others:
uNG7veG.jpg

The first thread I started a little over a year ago when I joined was called “Cheap and Cheerful Traditionals”, but I like “Thrifty Thursday” better, since it comes every week!
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/cheap-and-cheerful-traditionals.1658309/

Back