Thrifty Thursday... Cheap Traditional Knives

veitsi_poika

Platinum Member
I admired the old TI-30 in Kevin's post, but didn't even notice the message on the display! :cool::thumbsup::D

- GT
NERD x 2 = Me :D

I had to buy the TI-30X a long time ago because it was on the list of "acceptable" calculators to use for engineering license exams. I got so used to it and learned to like it so much that I now have (3) of them LoL. (1) at work office, (1) in home office and (1) by my La-Z-Boy in case I need to do some impromptu number crunching ;)

These two guys are very traditional friction folders in Spain, very cheap, and excellent cutters.

j0VJJC.jpg

scrteened porch

Gold Member
View attachment 1543115
I got this “Pradel” for 4.99 at a mil surplus store in Idaho. I’ll never use it but had to buy it thinking “cheap Opinel rip-off??” It opens and closes with gravity depending on how you hold it, guess it’s a little dried out
Pradel was the company, now defunct, that invented the Pradel pattern, now made by others. The Pradel name now belongs to Chevalerias, if I correctly understood Jolipapa.

These Japanese Sabres were quality knives without the quality prices:
WhvVSaW.jpg

Last edited:

mbkr

Gold Member
Bought this hobo to take on trips. Poler makes camping gear. The knife seems well made. Fits together well. Good snap on all three utensils. I'm not sure, but I think its the same one Ka Bar sells under their name. The country of manufacture is not indicated anywhere. Less than $15 delivered deal.gif
Poler3.JPG Poler4.JPG Poler5.JPG

I have a lot of cheap knives, but I will spare you the everyday Moras and Opinels and Antoninis and Filmams and Doukdouks and get right down to the cheapest of the cheap.

The Kudu was selling for about five bucks the day I bought it. The Okapi went for nearly three times that.
The pride of this tableau is the Sani-Safe paring knife, $3.29 delivered.

View attachment 1340070

More bottom-of-the-barrel Cold Steel, and a Cedar Ridge left under the seat of an old Ranger by the previous owner.

View attachment 1340071
Really fond of those blade looks in pic

Native XF ad, Below bottom BC