Thrifty Thursday... Cheap Traditional Knives

Meh... so I's a day early ... better than a day late ...(besides, now others don't have to seek 6 or 7 pages deep to locate this thread now. :D)

Rough Rider RR719 Synthetic Old Yeller Barlow ... $7.99 plus free shipping and the Governor's extortion/ bribe/share for spending money.
No blade wiggly-wobblies, and both are centered. :D
Rough Rider RR603 EX Large Stockman of the same synthetic Old Yeller series.
2 backsprings, Clip Point man is centered, no blade rub on any blades. The Spey/Budding and Sheepsfoot are not hitting the liner. $9.99 plus free shipping and the Governor's payoff.
View attachment 1550459

Not a Day early here it's 1.37 am should get some sleep if Madame Insomnia allows it ;)

I like this inexpensive RR Small Barlow, very good finish indeed, fine W&T and very sharp, looks alright to my eye in White Bone

16qHBaL.jpg

Not a Day early here it's 1.37 am should get some sleep if Madame Insomnia allows it ;)

I like this inexpensive RR Small Barlow, very good finish indeed, fine W&T and very sharp, looks alright to my eye in White Bone

16qHBaL.jpg
I have one also Will, nice little knives.:thumbsup:

Still hanging (unopened) on the wall in my shop...
Glad you never opened it, John!:cool::thumbsup: Definitely a cool childhood retro memory thing! Now if you can pair it up with a Red Rider Carbine!:D
163122-red_ryder_ad.jpg Ralphie-bb-gun-300x158.jpg
Agreed, cool factor with that one, José!:thumbsup:
One of the few "thrifty" knives I have left after the recent sell-off.
It is amazing how well put together this knife is... worth every penny ever spent on it.
Great looking Imperial, John! :):thumbsup:
This Rough Ryder amber jigged bone mini canoe, purchased for under $9 last fall, fits my criterion for thrifty:
View attachment 1546463

- GT
Great coloring and looks on that one, GT!:cool:
This one count? I think it was all of $6.

image.jpg

Pretty cool little swinguard.
Definitely counts, Will! Very cool!:cool::thumbsup:
Individually these knives are cheap/inexpensive but as you accumulate them the cost starts adding up. Either way - single or multiple they are very sturdy knives.

k9Q7ZzJ.jpg
That's a lot of Sod Busting going on, Ed! Great collection!:):thumbsup:
Probably my next purchase at some point, never tried one.
Some serious Barlow Bliss, Dwight!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
For Thrifty Thursday, this very nicely made Rough Ryder buckshot bone barlow. These RR Barlows are fun to collect!;):thumbsup:
View attachment 1550834
Cool looking for sure, Todd!
Plus that awsome pocket slip can make any inexpensive/thrifty knife look like a million bucks!:cool::thumbsup:
Here's an unusual Rough Rider amber jigged bone dogleg locking mini canoe that I bought 4 or 5 years ago for a penny under my $10 thrifty threshold:
View attachment 1551046

- GT
Very cool looker, Gary! I like it!:):thumbsup:

Not real thrifty, but a great knife for under $30, including a decent leather sheath. From Croatia.
c3NNCkb.jpg

I reckon you could do some wood finish work on those scales and they would look fantastic. More like a $100+ knife.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hey, Leon!
I tried to send you a message, but I got a "no can do" alert.
Yeah, the scales are walnut, and I'm putting a couple coats of BLO on them. The fit/finish may not be a $100 knife, but definitely a great knife for the price.
Just Google BPS Knives to find them. I got it on Amazon.

Back