Thrifty Thursday... Cheap Traditional Knives

I really like that knife, José!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

The penultimate amber jigged bone Rough Rider from my original set of 12 matching RR patterns purchased in April 2014. It's a one-arm trapper that's a beast for pocket carry. (I've never understood the logic behind a one-arm blade in a 2-bladed knife, at least if it's intended for someone who has only one arm.)
razortrapper.ott.closed.jpg

- GT

I've never understood the logic behind a one-arm blade in a 2-bladed knife
You make an excellent point.
I wonder if anybody has ever made a two blade knife, both being one arm blades, on opposite ends?

I really like that knife, José!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

The penultimate amber jigged bone Rough Rider from my original set of 12 matching RR patterns purchased in April 2014. It's a one-arm trapper that's a beast for pocket carry. (I've never understood the logic behind a one-arm blade in a 2-bladed knife, at least if it's intended for someone who has only one arm.)
View attachment 1698313

- GT
My guess is that it is convenient for two armed people to be able to use the knife in situations requiring a one hand opening knife. 😉

Thrifty. Even with shipping from Portugal. (Maybe MAM has a warehouse in N.A. and sends a 20 or 40 foot container full at a time?)
No blade lock friction folder. 4 inch closed.
Under $14 with tax and "free" shipping, if I recall right. I got it a couple years ago, after my Opinel N°8 escaped, going AWOL.
View attachment 1698588
View attachment 1698590
View attachment 1698591

You make an excellent point.
I wonder if anybody has ever made a two blade knife, both being one arm blades, on opposite ends?
I've never seen one, but I'd like to; pretty cool idea! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
Of course if it was done with 2 blades that have the "hook" as prominent as on the RR trapper I posted, it would be quite a space-eater in your pocket!

- GT

This Richards farthing knife showed up today, just in time for Thrifty Thursday!
I've seen Jack Black Jack Black post one or two of these and always thought they were kinda interesting. I don't know how much these cost when new, but I paid $14 (minus a farthing, I suppose) I don't know when it was made, besides some time after 1936. 😆

3NmwRCG.jpg

Rg7qFsH.jpg

This Richards farthing knife showed up today, just in time for Thrifty Thursday!
I've seen Jack Black Jack Black post one or two of these and always thought they were kinda interesting. I don't know how much these cost when new, but I paid $14 (minus a farthing, I suppose) I don't know when it was made, besides some time after 1936. 😆

3NmwRCG.jpg

Rg7qFsH.jpg
I had not seen one of these before. Pretty cool :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Here's the final amber jigged bone knife from my initial set of 12 Rough Riders. It's a whittler, a pattern that I haven't carried very often, and I'm not sure why not. Maybe I should designate 2022 the Year of the Whittler and give the pattern an opportunity to show me its advantages. I've included a pic of the set-up of the backsprings, which is often of interest on whittlers.
whittler.clip.open.jpg
whittler.clip.backsprings.jpg

- GT

Back