Thrifty Thursday... Cheap Traditional Knives

Zulus

Gold Member
BKGD2ae.jpg

5K Qs

Gold Member
About 7 years ago, a guy with a table at the local gun and knife show had a section of the table filled with a couple dozen canoes similar to this one I got. They were all in clam packs, but he had cut off the tops so you could pull out each knife and examine it. $10 - I call that a bargain, the best I ever had!
remington.canoe.mark.open.jpg

- GT

bigfish64

Gold Member
About 7 years ago, a guy with a table at the local gun and knife show had a section of the table filled with a couple dozen canoes similar to this one I got. They were all in clam packs, but he had cut off the tops so you could pull out each knife and examine it. $10 - I call that a bargain, the best I ever had!
View attachment 1720355

- GT
Who are you…who who…who who…I really want to know. 😁

r8shell

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Don’t really know anything about this one; can’t make the tang stamp out. M. something?? & Co. New York, but it was thrifty. And for some reason I really enjoy it.

JPlcE4v.jpg
It looks like "M.Pressner & Co." I tried some Google-fu, and that may have been a toy and novelty company. Very cool, does the compass still work?
Where was that made?

Crappie71

Basic Member
It looks like "M.Pressner & Co." I tried some Google-fu, and that may have been a toy and novelty company. Very cool, does the compass still work?

Where was that made?
Thanks for the info! Yeah, I think it is M. Presser & Co. I looked it up, and there’s a couple fixed blades on the big auction site with the same compass in the handle and the same stamp. As far as the compass, the needle still moves, but I wonder if it actually ever did “work” in such close proximity to all the steel.