Throwback Thursday

5-by-5

Gold Member
1994ish Tuffram Aluminum Police.

FgFACY3.jpg

Nice! :)

I just completed a 3 knife set of the later Gen 2 VG-10 RH only version of the knife (probably made between 2002-2008) in all 3 blade styles - plain, combo and serrated. Decided to collect them because I think that this particular knife design is one of the most attractive that Spyderco has ever made, because it was made w/o a lanyard hole or any alternate clip holes in the scales.

I will post of a pic of all 3 together when I receive the plain edged model w/a few days.

Here's the 3 knife Gen 2 VG10 Police set that I just assembled. The plain and serrated models still have the protective film on the scales so don't look as shiny as the combo blade does.

What I like most about this version is the complete absence of any visible holes or pins in the S/S scales. Hands down, IMO, they are some of the MOST beautiful knives that Spyderco has ever made! :)

Nf1NsVfl.jpg

Alpha and Omega

These represent the beginning and the end of the police model. 30, 25, 20 and 15 year old versions. The end of a perfect design by CQI where it's not needed. Full flat grind a classic. Multi position clip. The horror, the horror......

The 4 is not a Police. It's something else. Slight tweaks to the Endura resulted in a different model. The Endela.
Radical changes to the Police and its called the 4. Even the name was removed from the blade! WoW

RG4wV6U.jpg

Back