Throwing Darts

Fiddleback

Knifemaker
We had a two visitors at Pops yesterday that I was really excited about. Patrick Brennan, who is a great maker from Ireland that I have had a lot of fun with at shows in the last couple of years. Its always great when your friends come by the shop. Tommy Gann also came by the shop. I've always lusted after his knives from afar. He actually asked me if I was farmiliar with his knives. LOL. I said, "Yes sir, I'm well aware." You always meet great people in the knife business and it was no different with these two guys.

On to the point of the thread. Tommy makes a throwing dart, and after seeing my process he suggested I make some. These things are cool, 1' of thin sleek steel with a triangular grind. I should be able to finish up a couple of sets in the next few weeks. Just wanted y'all to be able to see this process unfold.

Andy

Oh. And since I am a daft idiot, I ordered the wrong rod size first time around. Lemons from lemonade, I'm going to do the same process on some cool tactical marshmallow skewers out of 01 with micarta grips made the same as the throwing spikes. These will also be fun to stick into stuff. But thats not why I'm making them. LOL.

2v2ETw1BFxurAoi.jpg

2v2ETwKdrxurAoi.jpg

2v2ETw1AqxurAoi.jpg

2v2ETwKFNxurAoi.jpg

2v2ETwKnyxurAoi.jpg

2v2ETwKWFxurAoi.jpg

Back