Throwing knife

the market for upscale throwers is quite strong these days, it seems, and competitive throwing is up and coming
the preponderance of privately run axe throwing facilities points to a market trend that's well worth considering
imo

I do have a prototype in the works and will soon have time to get the shop fired up again

Wondering how prototype looks like.

Honestly as mich as I love sharp things I also love throwing sharp things (or just things lol). So I know thing or two about throwing and got some experience. I've tried various production knifes, throwing ones, fixed ones and even folding ones (that why my Spyderco PM2 in M390 doed lol, who the hell would shrow it on trees from 4-5 meters? Tho every throw landed, M390 is so bristle steel it couldn't resist vibrations after stocking in tree and blade broke in centere of thumb hole) also I've tried various patterns made by myself. Used to throw them in different techniques, full-spin, military half-spin, skanf (or fedin style) no-spin. Honestly I like no-spin and half-spin because of some reasons. So not every blade performed good in all styles. So some was for each style and that wasnt making me happy. Wanted something ultimate, that would work as half-spin as no-spin and others also. So found Tom Toms knife called Arrow (Tom Tom is hell of amazing thrower from Germany, world champion and considered as one of the best throwers on this round earth). I havent had money in pocket to invest in Sharp Blades Arrow set (200$) so I took one old file and cut it out from that and it worked amazing. That was knife which I loved the most, worked in every throwing style and performed like a beast. It was even sticking in blocks and some spongish structore rocks with no problem. I havent had problems with throwing it from 8 meters at all with nospin and half spin. Thinkness of it was around 0.314" . Length was 9.84" and weight was 250grams (8.82 oz). Considering that production blades are made of spring steel, my file steel was performing great also. Tho one of my friend eat my mind with requests and gifted it to him.

Here are some pics of sharp blades arrow model set.

arrow-1.jpg

arrow-2.jpg

I honestly think that you should cut one of this pattern to try out and I think you also may modify it little bit so it will be amazing thrower. (Tho they aren't "knifes" they are more like arrow heads or spear heads but I still used mine for some cuttings sometimes as it had around 2" edge on both sides) but it is throwing knife thread so as a thrower that pattern is a must try in my opinion.

Anyways good luck man. Can't wait to see what you will come up with.

this D3V is some amazing shit. I've been throwing a lot these days and my knives are getting worked. One of these guys hit edge first into the handle of another knife already in the target and now there's a big cut mark in it, (the handle of the other knife, that is). If I had better aim, my knives would be in better shape. Or should I say, when I have better aim my knives will be in better shape
x6sgFyv.jpg

this D3V is some amazing shit. I've been throwing a lot these days and my knives are getting worked. One of these guys hit edge first into the handle of another knife already in the target and now there's a big cut mark in it, (the handle of the other knife, that is). If I had better aim, my knives would be in better shape. Or should I say, when I have better aim my knives will be in better shape
x6sgFyv.jpg

CLACK! Maybe, but worthwhile.

Put another way, your better aim will come at the expense of knives that are worse for it?

CLACK! Maybe, but worthwhile.

Put another way, your better aim will come at the expense of knives that are worse for it?
every action has an equal and opposite reaction

I've seen sparks fly, plenty of times. I still suck, but I'm getting a little more consistent at it

Back