Thumb Lugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khanvoy44

Gold Member
Just received a large 21 Sebenza with inlays. My first CRK and well pleased except for this thumb lug. Blade has a sturdy detent and well...ok not going to whine. Looked on CRK site and online for different lugs. Not much selection. REK isn't doing these anymore from the info on his site. Any ideas or opinions?
Thank you for stopping by!

Carry it, open and close it a bunch while you’re bored and give it a cleaning or two in the next few weeks and it’ll become real smooth and easy. Something I’ve done that helps the initial stiff release is to put more pressure on the lock bar with your fingers while repeatedly moving the blade in and out of detent to sort of “wear in” that little edge of the detent hole.

Bottom line, like a new pair of leather boots, break in makes them way better.

I just scored my first two Sebenzas recently too. Its really important to push"Up" on the thumb stud to open the blade. If you push "out", your thumb will join the choir invisible in a few days. ;)

The new old stock L 19 that I got was extremely stiff (grease dried out, Bday was 2018). I'm a lazy knut so I flooded the whole pivot assembly with Break free and let it sit for 30 min. Took about 2 days of lots of open and closing to break it in, and now it's sooo smooooth, and I can flick it open with my thumb. :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Learn how to open it it's really not that difficult. CRK has an excellent warranty. Pop that thumb stud out and you'll void it.

Sitting here opening an closing a new lg Inkosi, I notice that I seem to press the tip of my finger into the side of the blade and use the surface of my fingernail to push the blade out. Past 1/4 of the way open the tip of my finger finishes pushing the blade all the way open. Might help save your thumb that way too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back