Thumb Stud Recolor

Would anyone happen to know if CRK will restore the blue on the thumb studs if I send my Inkosi in? This half blue half silver thing is really bugging me, since the blue is some really nice eye candy that makes me put it in my pocket every morning.

Take some Flitz, tape off around the thumb studs and make them silver. Short of not using the thumb studs for opening, they will wear down rather quickly. I prefer the silver or gold

Just remove the rest of the blue. Even if you were willing to pay the cost of replacing them, the blue would wear off fairly quickly and you would be right back to where you started(unless it is a safe queen).

Last edited:
Just remove the rest of the blue. Even if you were willing to pay the cost of replacing them, the blue would wear off fairly quickly and you would be right back to where you started(unless it is a safe queen).

This. The studs are anodized and, as you can see, the blue wears off pretty quickly if the knife is used. So having the factory replace the stud will only be a temporary fix if you plan on carrying the knife.

One of the never mentioned negative sides of pretty anodized Ti is that it doesn't last if you use the knife.

Back