Ti/Carbon Fiber S90v Military sale

You could be getting carbide tear out. I generally won't apex a knife at anything lower than 600 grit. I shape at 400, then apex at 600, then go through the grits down to .1 micron. All diamond except for the last 2 cBN sprays.

You could be getting carbide tear out. I generally won't apex a knife at anything lower than 600 grit. I shape at 400, then apex at 600, then go through the grits down to .1 micron. All diamond except for the last 2 cBN sprays.
Besides the 940 all the chipping was on the factory edge. No staples or anything crazy like that. Just cutting food, paper, thin cardboard, some vegetation. I'm going to sharpen the 940-1 again once I get the m2 from the kickstarter. Ill try not apexing it until later in the progression.

If the isolated case you're referring to is the post by ScooterG, I wouldn't count that.

Because:

- He won't post a full picture of the knife. (I have serious doubts it's even a military)
- He says it's "the factory edge" when it is CLEARLY not.
- When called out on it, he ghosted.

His post was trolling or just a flat out lie.

I couldn't make out a Military knife in the pic either.

I was leaving this thread alone but just noticed these posts. Of course the edge isn't factory anymore...I had chips and have been removing them. I'm not trolling/lying either. Don't really give two effs what you think at this point, but here's the knife for your review, criticism and internet entertainment...

Have a great day and bugger off!IMG_4728.JPG

Reactions: P2P
I was leaving this thread alone but just noticed these posts. Of course the edge isn't factory anymore...I had chips and have been removing them. I'm not trolling/lying either. Don't really give two effs what you think at this point, but here's the knife for your review, criticism and internet entertainment...

Have a great day and bugger off!View attachment 891453

Why so hostile? I just couldn’t make out a Military that’s all.

Why so hostile? I just couldn’t make out a Military that’s all.
Sorry Bravo, meant more for the other guy. Kind of sucks that I can’t post a close up of the blade and not be called a liar and troll :poop:

Attachments

• 10712C19-CB9D-4F18-823F-98C10E2C264E.jpeg
    10712C19-CB9D-4F18-823F-98C10E2C264E.jpeg
    447.8 KB · Views: 24
Sorry Bravo, meant more for the other guy. Kind of sucks that I can’t post a close up of the blade and not be called a liar and troll :poop:

I didn't call you a liar. I simply said that one of the things you said was a lie, which we all know it was.

You said "factory edge" referring to the pic you posted. When it clearly wasn't a factory edge. That alone leads me to call BS on everything else you said, because why lie about something so obvious?

I still don't understand why you don't take a close up pic of the knife you had chipping on, but far enough out that we can see the whole blade but the edge in detail?

It helps us all if we can gather consistent data.

This is what you posted. Telling us that this is the factory edge is going to raise some eyebrows. Honestly, the pic of the military you posted doesn't even look similar to the original pic you posted below, but that's none of my business. Carry on.

img_0833-jpg.884001

I didn't call you a liar. I simply said that one of the things you said was a lie, which we all know it was.

You said "factory edge" referring to the pic you posted. When it clearly wasn't a factory edge. That alone leads me to call BS on everything else you said, because why lie about something so obvious?

I still don't understand why you don't take a close up pic of the knife you had chipping on, but far enough out that we can see the whole blade but the edge in detail?

It helps us all if we can gather consistent data.

This is what you posted. Telling us that this is the factory edge is going to raise some eyebrows. Honestly, the pic of the military you posted doesn't even look similar to the original pic you posted below, but that's none of my business. Carry on.

img_0833-jpg.884001

Now that I really look at it, if that’s s90v above then it’s beem through a shredder to get those kinds of scratches on the blade, not even taking about the edge!

Lets forget about that one instance.

On a side note, will this one be sold out soon? I am thinking about buying the third of it or the second of the 204p. Which one to go?

I received mine last Friday and would rank it among the top of the Militarys that I have received. Just a bit stiff, did not take too long to break in. F&f is as good as it gets. Blade alignment is perfect. Very nice example of the Military.

IMG_20181024_183213363.jpgHi guys, got mine today. Beautiful knife, but this late lock up disturbs me. Used to early lock up on my Reates. What do you Military freaks think? Got a KW 204p model couple months ago and love it prompting me to get this one. Should I call KW? Thanks

More than a lifetime left in that interface if you ask me. I'd rather it be there than early IMO. Regardless, send it back if you don't like it.

View attachment 1009139Hi guys, got mine today. Beautiful knife, but this late lock up disturbs me. Used to early lock up on my Reates. What do you Military freaks think? Got a KW 204p model couple months ago and love it prompting me to get this one. Should I call KW? Thanks

That does look a little later than usual, but I wouldn't worry about it. Loosening the pivot on a framelock knife will cause your lockbar to lock up at a slightly later percentage. Check to see if your blade is free falling when you depress the lockbar. If it is, then tightening up the pivot will lock the knife up slightly earlier. As abbazabba stated above, it won't move and if it does, it won't be much. My Ti Military locks up at about 55% and hasn't moved in about 6 months.
tCmpLqM.jpg

Thanks for the responses. The knife is great otherwise. The pivot was so tight I couldn't get the blade out and loosened it and fiddled with it until it feels ok. Good tip about
tightening the pivot a little and getting a little earlier lock up. I'm not overly anal about the little things and rarely see the need to return a knife. Right now the
detent ball is only about 1mil off the opposite liner to my eye. Also they might be down to returns, ha.

Ide say use the heck out of it and if it needs it thdn send it back to Colorado

Early lockup scares me. I think the the risk of failure and injuring myself is higher. The lockup on mine is about 50% and hasn't changed at all in the past 8 months. And I carry it 9 out of 10 days. It is my goto knife!

There is nothing wrong with sending it to Spyderco and requesting it be changed. There is a lockbar insert that they can adjust for you. But I would use it for a few months first before making any changes and see it still bothers you.

Back