Ti/Carbon Fiber S90v Military sale

IMO That's not late lockup and I would be fine with that..never have liked early lockup because it severely compromises strength as it allows failure due to shear.

Now the Spyderco K2? That's what I consider late lockup. Mines probably at about 85-90% lockup.

OTOH I think the K2 was designed that way..I like the K2's lockup..is about as solid as a folding knife gets.

The lockbar adjustment does work. I had a late lockup on my Mantra. Loosening up the lockbar screws gives you a hair of adjustment. It is perfect now, and hasn't moved in months. Doesn't take much.

Early lockup scares me. I think the the risk of failure and injuring myself is higher. The lockup on mine is about 50% and hasn't changed at all in the past 8 months. And I carry it 9 out of 10 days. It is my goto knife!

There is nothing wrong with sending it to Spyderco and requesting it be changed. There is a lockbar insert that they can adjust for you. But I would use it for a few months first before making any changes and see it still bothers you.

Are you sure thats sth Spyderco will adjust? This is an honest question because IMO it is not an issue and Spyderco may think the same way as well.

Are you sure thats sth Spyderco will adjust? This is an honest question because IMO it is not an issue and Spyderco may think the same way as well.

I have no idea if they accommodate this type of request. I would contact the Warranty/Repair department first.

I bet this thread has sold more Ti Millie's than anyone could believe! LoL
Wondering how many are left?
Thanks to you all, I have one in the mail.
Thought a Rex 45 would be my first... They should compliment each other quite well.
If I can get my hands on the Rex 45!

I’ve been carrying this Millie in s90v for awhile now. No problem whatsoever sharpening it with the dmt diafold green/tan—or maybe I’m just bringing the edge back, but whatever. The cts-204p lost its edge rather quickly on some abrasive materials, but it came back to super sharp pretty quickly as well. I’m a big fan of both of these kw exclusives.

I've been wanting to try the Millie for some time now and after following this thread for several months decided to jump on this version before they're gone.Ordered one yesterday and the lady from KW's said there was about 75 of these left. I'd intended to get a standard digi / blk version for my first, but I can always get that one down the road.

I've been wanting to try the Millie for some time now and after following this thread for several months decided to jump on this version before they're gone.Ordered one yesterday and the lady from KW's said there was about 75 of these left. I'd intended to get a standard digi / blk version for my first, but I can always get that one down the road.

About three or four months ago I was told there were only about 50 left. Does this mean KW continues to have batches of this knife in? In other words, it is not a run of a limited number?

About three or four months ago I was told there were only about 50 left. Does this mean KW continues to have batches of this knife in? In other words, it is not a run of a limited number?
Someone probably just estimated how many were left. Do you require an exact amount for some reason?

Out of 1200 pieces, by the time they have less than 100 , folks might be quoting, what they honestly thought. Common in retail,
it doesn't matter how many less than 100 , especially if it's a one time run.
Mine is a perfect specimen! Glad to have it in rotation. Gotta love Millie exclusives and sprints. BTW where's the Rex 45??

Someone probably just estimated how many were left. Do you require an exact amount for some reason?

well, the one I bought has shiny patches at certain light and I wondered if its normal. The kw lady said her guy checked about 50 left and all were like that, hence not abnormal.

Are the shiny patches on the titanium?
That surface is known to show abrasion easily.
But if it's right out of the box, not sure!

I'm actually surprised these didn't sell out really fast. Given the titanium / carbon fiber construction it seems like a "real deal" imho.

Reactions: Mo2
I'm actually surprised these didn't sell out really fast. Given the titanium / carbon fiber construction it seems like a "real deal" imho.

I have never seen any millie got sold out quickly. The fan base of millie is much smaller than PM2.

The Knife Works exclusive Millie landed in the mail box yesterday while I was at work. Great service, ordered it late Friday afternoon and delivered Monday morning in NM. The build quality of this knife is stellar. If it came with a little blue cloth diaper and birth certificate I'd swear it was one Chris's very own babies.:eek::D The factory edge came sharp but not quite the surgical scalpel sharpness typical of most Spyderco knives. Gotta say this knife is one helluva deal !:thumbsup::)

Once this knife breaks in, it’s smooth in a hydraulic way. What a great knife! While it may be blasphemy, ( a Pm2 frame lock) I’d love to see a Pm2 version.

This was my first Military. I was hesitant to try one due to tip down and the overall size. For me, the PM2 is perfect. However, I have to say, I like it a lot more than I thought. It’s large, but not gigantic. It’s not office friendly by any stretch, but outside of work, I can carry it without issue.
Not sure if I’ll hang onto it long term, but for now, it’s a keeper.

Back