Ti-Lock how to remove blue lock bar?

expidia1

Gold Member
Has anyone ever removed one of these (so I can send it out to be re-anodized).
The gold caps look to be pressed on.
I'd rather ask here first before possibly breaking it as CRK says the only ones they have left are for warranty purposes.
Thanks

IMG_0327D.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0327D.jpeg
    IMG_0327D.jpeg
    141.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Has anyone ever removed one of these (so I can send it out to be re-anodized).
The gold caps look to be pressed on.
I'd rather ask here first before possibly breaking it as CRK says the only ones they have left are for warranty purposes.
Thanks

View attachment 1255933

But I hate to screw around with my CRK's as if I resell them at some point, I want them as OEM as possible and represent it as such. I even had CRK send me a new clip for $12 incase I go to resell it, I can put an OEM clip back on it.

Ok. Then stop screwing with your ti lock! ;)

Update: just got the knife back from Josh at R.E.K Razor Edge Knives. He did a great job. Put on a working finish (now closer to the finish of a PJ instead of that shiny CRK prone to scratching finish, he bead blasted the hardware and sent the lock bar out to be re-anodized. I bought this from a member who had it as a user and it was pretty scratched up and the blue was pretty much worn off. Now I just need to buy OEM clip. Check out the before and after pics.

IMG_0328.jpeg

IMG_1359.jpeg IMG_1361.jpeg

Nice job! Looks like one of the first series! Love it!

You ruined it. :) I like the CRK TiLock finish, doesn't show scratches like the Sebenza. Wouldn't CRK do it for ya?

You ruined it. :) I like the CRK TiLock finish, doesn't show scratches like the Sebenza. Wouldn't CRK do it for ya?
Ya, I ruined it. Guess you never looked at the pic above as to how I received it. And that was the good side . CRK won't restore it and neither would they sell me another lock bar or install one for me. If I were to somehow put a polished finish on it, I'd probably never use it and just keep it in a safe. I don't do safe queens. CRK only has lock bars for warranty work. Nor would they re-anodize it. So many here are always saying "use your knife". So the former owner used it. And now I bought it and restored it to the finish "I" wanted. CRK's polished titanium finishes scratch very easily and they won't refinish any of my wood or CF inlays either I've asked them already. They say the wood which is double sided taped on can break when they remove it and again they only stock replacement wood inlays for warranty work and then they would have to do both sides to match the woods. I buy them to use and admirer their beauty. Now I can enjoy this "one of a kind" Ti-lock as it takes its place in my EDC rotation. Josh (from R.E.K.) is even doing the Hawk clip that was also scratched and worn to match the handles. For now I put an MXG deep carry clip on it. I prefer deep carry clips, but I'll swap the Hawk back on it when it returns just for the uniqueness of the Ti-Lock and the Hawk on it. I do like the MXG clip on it though for now. Check out the color of the finish against the Impinda below it. It's pretty close but the Ti-lock has a working finish that any nicks or scratches to me adds character to this type of finish. The impinda is sure to show future snail trails and scratches. I'm not really a fan of the PJ finish as it scratches way to easily as do the polished titanium wood inlay models. Pissed me off that tonight I had to spend time polishing the small scratches on the small CF at the bottom that I mirrored 6 months ago and just noticed them when I was taking a pic of all of them for insurance purposes. Now I use plastic stops, so the Wicked Edge diamond paddles don't slip off the edge and scratch the blades when I'm mirroring the edges. It's too bad CRK won't refinish their blades either. I scratched another blade a few months back and had to send it out to R.E.K. to refinish it. Now I use the stops.

IMG_0328.jpegIMG_1371 copy.jpegIMG_1374 copy.jpeg

Last edited:
Man, I feel like whoever owned your ti-lock before you carried rocks in the same pocket. I carry and usually use mine everyday and its not near that bad. Looking good now though!

Thanks. I learned my lesson the hard way. First wood inlay I bought was the Spalted Beech in the pic. Made the mistake of dropping my keys in the same pocket the knife was clipped onto. Spent many hours polishing all the scratches off trying various compounds. And now I need to do it to others I own again as I was carrying all my knives in a plastic food tray over to the safe and it slid off the dresser. And the all hit the rug but some scratched against each other. Now I have several with scratches on the highly polished Titanium surface that are a bitch to polish out. For the cost of these knives, CRK should offer a pay service where they would polish light scratches out IMO.

I have a Ti-Lock. I use my knife regularly, even in the kitchen. The finish is very robust, much better than the sebenza. I did see the "before" picture, the previous owner abused the knife. Looks like it was run over with the clip side down on concrete, but it worked right?

By the way, if you are going to use the knife, the anodized Ti will quickly change with consistent use. Mine's a weird variegated blue purple.

Thanks for your comments Brownshoe. I don't know why CRK's blue anodized thumb studs wear off so fast? This Ti will be in my rotation, but I also have other brands like Rike, Spyderco and about 8 Benchmades so thats about 20 knives that I carry a different one each day. This way no one knife sees much EDC wear. If I find I'm not carrying a particular knife all that often I just re-sell it. I'm running about 50% CRK now and I'm always open for another unique knife. Thats why my last 3 purchases were the Ti-Lock, Impinda and the Lunar Landing. I think my favorite carry is the large CF. I wish it had a Damascus blade though.

Last edited:
I have a Regular Sebenza that I scratched up wearing it on the outside of my belt. I sanded and anodized it. It is much more resistant to scratching now.
Your knife looks much better. I would have colored the handle the same as the lock bar, but that's a personal preference thing.image.jpeg

Thanks. none of the CRK’s I own are very resistant to scratching. That was a good idea to anodize your PJ. Looks great.

Back