1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tidioute Thursday

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by redsparrow, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Just like it’s namesake it may be small, but it packs a big punch. The #22 has the highest blade to handle length ratio of all of GEC’s knives.

JohnDF and traumkommode like this.
  2. redsparrow

redsparrow Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 3, 2014
    Tidioute Cutlery Ancient Barlow - certainly one of the best barlows, arguably one of GEC's finest, definitely one of my favorite EDCs.
    [​IMG]

pmek5, Dschal, JB in LV and 5 others like this.
  3. OLd_gUY

OLd_gUY Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2018
    A Christmas present for my son...MAYBE. I kinda like it and might (probably) will keep it for myself! After all, they say it's the thought that counts :rolleyes:

Office_KnifeA.jpg

ISKRA, JB in LV, pmek5 and 8 others like this.
  4. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Well now, If the boy works in an office, then perhaps you should gift it. ;) If not then keep it for your self. :p
    I gave one of my Son's some really nice $200 Spydercos and the like, all he carries is a $30 Boker.:rolleyes:

5. DelOro

DelOro

Jan 17, 2016
    DAD !!! :D :p

[​IMG]

Enjoy your day!

- Del

ISKRA, JB in LV, Dschal and 5 others like this.
  6. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, Ramrodmb, ISKRA and 11 others like this.
  7. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Beautiful blood red bone, Will.

Ramrodmb and Will Power like this.
  8. Travman

Jan 26, 2016
    My largest Tidioute. I love the tang stamps on the Whalers. The curved “Tidioute” and different font is a nice touch.
    [​IMG]

Dschal, redsparrow, Ramrodmb and 6 others like this.
  9. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    @black mamba Thank you Jeff, it has some nice deep jigging and the Tooth shield is very well inlet. Looking forward to the Dixie with the same shield too.

10. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2010
    WOW, what a beauty! I love it when they get the deep red color right! No pink around those edges. Also, my favorite shield! I think it would go perfect on an 85 pattern. I am also looking forward to the Copperhead Dixie with the same shield, as a friend for my Osage Dixie. Now to find an early Blackwood! Great pic there.:thumbsup:

Travman, Will Power and dc50 like this.
  11. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Thanks very much Mark, I'm very fond of it all round :D:thumbsup:

Ramrodmb likes this.
  12. Travman

Jan 26, 2016
    I agree. Less pink around the edges would be a good thing for blood red GEC knives.

Ramrodmb likes this.