Tidioutes Only but Now Anyday

Lovin the feel of this Tidioute 55
View attachment 1384380
I agree. The 55 was my first GEC and I found it's grip to be comfortable and confidence inspiring. All those curves work together, not only to look good but they make the Houndstooth fit my hand... like a glove. :)

LhKd6ct.jpg

Last edited:
Now that you mention it redsparrow redsparrow ! ;) The Tidioute #55 Wharncliffe Hound Tooth was also my first Great Eastern Cutlery knife! :D

50159108972_5903245bc9_o_d.jpg
Fantastic knife Ron!
When I bought mine I told myself, "I'm only going to purchase one GEC." :confused:
Now many GECs later I realize Bill (GEC) knew exactly what he was doing when he introduced that one. What a business plan!!! :cool:
The shield is perfect... but to be fair maybe it should have been a fish hook. ;):D

Last edited:
Wondering if your #55 Tidioutes have a nice strong pull like my #55 Northfield?

Wondering if your #55 Tidioutes have a nice strong pull like my #55 Northfield?
Mine does have a pull about like the 23s and 73s. A solid seven on my scale of 1-10. Took me awhile learning how to handle it safely but that firm pull has actually been good for me. I have less hand pain now then I did years ago. Doc thought it may have been improved by the firm pull. Just think how healthy I might be if I took up whittlin'. ;):D

Mine does have a pull about like the 23s and 73s. A solid seven on my scale of 1-10. Took me awhile learning how to handle it safely but that firm pull has actually been good for me. I have less hand pain now then I did years ago. Doc thought it may have been improved by the firm pull. Just think how healthy I might be if I took up whittlin'. ;):D
Sounds exactly like my Northfield.
All the practice pulling the little #55 made the new #23 seem downright easy. :D

Fantastic knife Ron!
When I bought mine I told myself, "I'm only going to purchase one GEC." :confused:
Now many GECs later I realize Bill (GEC) knew exactly what he was doing when he introduced that one. What a business plan!!! :cool:
The shield is perfect... but to be fair maybe it should have been a fish hook. ;):D
Thanks! :) I also like that shield just fine! :thumbsup:

Tidioute #26 2nd cut stag, serial #21
from 2010
https://imgur.com/a/vRZx8CT
Nice jigging on that one Stich!

I believe it's possible for you to post your pic directly into these threads.
If you care to; after sending you pic to IMGUR click on it, then select the BBCode by clicking on "copy", place you cursor where you want to show your photo and paste it using your control key and v key simultaneously. Your pic should show in your post. Hope this helps. :)

Back