Tidioutes Only but Now Anyday

Thank you very much for the kind words my friend .
The Green Churchill is a knife that my good friend @Half/Stop Ron and I called the Pickle Knife . GEC made 12 of them and sold them at the 2018 Rendezvous . Ron & I each were able to get one .
I think that the heel on French Kate is supposed to be a Caplifter . I have not tried it , so I do not know if it works or not . This specific model was made for the Drake Oil Well Museum . I do not know how many were made , but I heard that there were 100 made . I do not find them in the Production Totals for the model .

Harry
Thanks for the info! I never really cared for the French Kate, but they are coming around for me. I had no idea the heel was a caplifter.

5fY545c.jpg

toda1081.jpg

toda1082.jpg

I like the #38, contrary to what could suggest the implementation of the blade in the handle it is ergonomic.It's true that it has an atypical physique but that's what makes its charm. Its blade reminds me a bit of the Laguiole blade that I like a lot for the table.
The #38 is a good alternative when you want to carry a discreet and useful knife.

Last edited:
Terrific Tidioute Trio Will :cool:
Appreciate that! Very fond of the 56 Hawkbill, it's one of 25 so I suppose it's rare now but I've used it a lot around the garden, an oddly practical knife but then I like Pruner types :thumbsup: I'm very keen on those Tractor Green 38s and the Red Micarta that Corto_Malt Corto_Malt often shows to great effect. Annoyed with myself for dithering over a Green one when you could get them for a sensible price, now of course they're horribly dear. As Corto_Malt Corto_Malt says they have a Turkish Clip that's not unlike a Lag, a pattern I admire a great deal. Oddly enough, the Toothpick pattern which is clearly influenced by the Lag leaves me cold, too much bolster for my taste.

Thanks, Will

Q1RrOKh.jpg

Last edited:
Appreciate that! Very fond of the 56 Hawkbill, it's one of 25 so I suppose it's rare now but I've used it a lot around the garden, an oddly practical knife but then I like Pruner types :thumbsup: I'm very keen on those Tractor Green 38s and the Red Micarta that Corto_Malt Corto_Malt often shows to great effect. Annoyed with myself for dithering over a Green one when you could get them for a sensible price, now of course they're horribly dear. As Corto_Malt Corto_Malt says they have a Turkish Clip that's not unlike a Lag, a pattern I admire a great deal. Oddly enough, the Toothpick pattern which is clearly influenced by the Lag leaves me cold, too much bolster for my taste.

Thanks, Will

Q1RrOKh.jpg

Ooh! Ooh! The 38's look great in bocote, Will !!! :cool:
Though I do think your Hawkbill 56 would fit the garden pic better. ;)
I'm OK with Toothpicks but I almost didn't get a 38 Special (which I like better than toothpicks) because of the similarity.
Now I enjoy the Special I have so much that I wish I had picked up more than one of them.

redsparrow redsparrow
Happy to post these pics here James....
This recent acquisition was accompanied by a visit from a friend, our neighbourhood’s red sparrow. He’s been around for quite a while and one of his first visits this year. As he’s checking in on the cherries, his song is really something else! I wonder if he’s a canary cross.
20A9216C-2A9B-4F38-960A-9373F3DE9666.jpeg
Stamps indicate a 1909-16 build, possibly a Baldwin parts mash-up as they had purchased Tidioute by then. Sporting an Empire shield, Charlie waynorth waynorth helped with it’s origins and I bit on it since the blades and scales really got me...
DE1A385B-8EC5-4525-813A-C9FAEA4087E2.jpegF655DD70-A93D-4B31-8392-CD87E637C170.jpeg

Enviable group of Tidioutes Thistle, I especially like the toothpick. It's got the perfect shield for it and great color.

redsparrow redsparrow
Happy to post these pics here James....
This recent acquisition was accompanied by a visit from a friend, our neighbourhood’s red sparrow. He’s been around for quite a while and one of his first visits this year. As he’s checking in on the cherries, his song is really something else! I wonder if he’s a canary cross.
View attachment 1579956
Stamps indicate a 1909-16 build, possibly a Baldwin parts mash-up as they had purchased Tidioute by then. Sporting an Empire shield, Charlie waynorth waynorth helped with it’s origins and I bit on it since the blades and scales really got me...
View attachment 1579965View attachment 1579966
Good to see my name sake, they do have a pleasant song. We had them near our last house but since we moved, almost two years ago, I haven't seen any around.
What a fantastic piece of Tidioute history you have there and in such good condition too! Better hang on to that one!!

Really nice Jiki!!! From the blade's color it looks like your enjoying it quite a bit too.

Tidioute is still my favorite brand. 2017 was a good year for them here's a couple from back then.
YHRFmeR.jpg

iu4o9Bc.jpg

Back