Tidioutes Only but Now Anyday

Thanks James, appreciate the comments but I am an amateur when it comes to photography, especially compared to the likes of joeradza joeradza @pistonsandgears black mamba black mamba and Half/Stop Half/Stop ....I marvel at photos these gentlemen put on BF on a consistent basis (and tons of other folks too), simply astounding.
Thank you for the compliment! :) In my opinion this photo of your Beaver Tail is as good as any photo here. :thumbsup:
ZMibmHf.jpg

Beautiful knives folks! I have just recently switched back to buying traditional knives after discovering great eastern and being blown away with the quality of them. 72s and 73s are my favorites and obviously everyone else's since they seem pretty hard to find. I couldn't believe my luck when I stumbled on to a store that had several of these as new old stock. I purchased a couple and although I love and appreciate them they were far from the perfect fit and finish I have noticed in the less desirable patterns I've gotten. Question is do you think it's common for dealers to resell knives that were possibly sent back to them? Love the knives but found it odd they were available at all and hung out for sale for so long. Got lucky I reckon.

Great Tidioutes posted again last week! I don't plan on regularly revisiting the previous week's photos but I did enjoy looking at the following pics more than once. I thought some of you might like to see them again too.:)

an entertaining pic by @bonzodog of an ebony TC, a popular pattern and one I like very much
tZRprkF.jpg

and this interesting pic from Burnt Stag Burnt Stag , the knives look as if you could pick them up right off the screen and put 'em to work.
tb0cU4b.jpg

Good job guys, thanks!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

For today's Tidioute Thursday I chose this 92. It's extra special to me... having received it from Bob (BigBiscuit). We both liked the jigging on this one!
jrFgPKM.jpg

Have a great day and bring out the Tidioutes! :)

Last edited:
Great Tidioutes posted again last week! I don't plan on regularly revisiting the previous week's photos but I did enjoy looking at the following pics more than once. I thought some of you might like to see them again too.:)

an entertaining pic by @bonzodog of an ebony TC, a popular pattern and one I like very much
tZRprkF.jpg

and this interesting pic from Burnt Stag Burnt Stag , the knives look as if you could pick them up right off the screen and put 'em to work.
tb0cU4b.jpg

Good job guys, thanks!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

For today's Tidioute Thursday I chose this 92. It's extra special to me... having received it from Bob (BigBiscuit). We both liked the jigging on this one!
jrFgPKM.jpg

Have a great day and bring out the Tidioutes! :)

I really enjoy the recap and photos of the previous week:thumbsup: (not putting any pressure on you but it is great way to start off my Thursday :):thumbsup:) What a beautiful 92 and very special coming from BigBiscuit!!! I have 3 talons with Wharncliffe blades but would really like to get a two bladed Eureka. I say it's about time for GEC to run 92's again!

Anyways, my submission for Tidioute Thursday is very simplistic ebony 74. I love the clip blade shape and the design curvature of the pattern which yields a perfect 5-6 pull open to half stop from full close, then a perfect 7-8 from half stop to full open (and vice versuso_O).

o8ZDrft.jpg

Last edited:
I really enjoy the recap and photos of the previous week:thumbsup: (not putting any pressure on you but it is great way to start off my Thursday :):thumbsup:) What a beautiful 92 and very special coming from BigBiscuit!!! I have 3 talons with Wharncliffe blades but would really like to get a two bladed Eureka. I say it's about time for GEC to run 92's again!

Anyways, my submission for Tidioute Thursday is very simplistic ebony 74. I love the clip blade shape and the design curvature of the pattern which yields a perfect 5-6 pull open to half stop from full close, then a perfect 7-8 from half stop to full open (and vice versuso_O).

o8ZDrft.jpg
007hunter 007hunter , I'm glad you like the weekly recap that started this thread the last couple weeks. I tend to review threads that I've enjoyed so I'll see if I can continue the practice for a bit. Thanks for recognizing my 92. :) It's covers are Antique Calico jigged bone and GEC only made 25, so it's special to me for a couple reasons.
BTW, excellent assessment of the clip blade 74s. Beautiful knife, truly a classic design. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

K., that #23 is drop dead gorgeous!

Thanks Jeff.
That is one of the newest additions. As I was looking through the GEC's the owner brought for me to look at I saw the label said "brimstone". Thought that sounded interesting. I was in love when I opened up the tube and saw that beauty.

Nice TC barlows Ron!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Staying with a theme from previous weeks, the post that really stood out for me last week was said to be "... drop dead gorgeous"...
Burnt Stag's - 23 :thumbsup::thumbsup:
5SyKiC3.jpg

...and Jeff was right, that 23 is "drop dead gorgeous", congratulations on that find sir!!! And thanks for sharing with us.

My contribution to today's thread...
Macassar Ebony Ancient
kL5ZpsN.jpg

Desert Ironwood American Jack
MBTgwn0.jpg

Back