tigershark

I miss mine too ! :rolleyes: , and I never have owned one. :D Maybe Carl will see this and feel sorry for me and send me his ! :p

Robbie Roberson ;)

ichor,

Congrats on the Tigershark, I'm convinced it won't take long for you to be 100% overjoyed with it. I've got one and it's my favorite in-the-field knife. As I've said before, if you're in a situation and the Tigershark can't get you out of it, you really are in really serious trouble.

And as you've discovered, the "looks" are superb and that the SK-5 takes an edge, and in my experience it holds that edge quite well.
Just be careful where you chop though. Last year I was bushwhacking a trail and only after I heard the "clang" did I see the small granite rock behind the bush.

Cheers,

Carl

p.s. yep, I feel sorry for ya Robbie, but not because of Tigershark-envy......
you'd only end up wasting a perfectly good Tigershark by letting it languish in the lap of luxury and never seeing the light of day.

Well !! I have never heard such negativism :D is that a word ?

Excessive sunlight has been shown to significantly increase the risk of molecules being misaligned within the specific areas, therefore creating the risk of premature breakdown in a particular area, resulting in uneeded fun and adventures within certain areas of outdoor sports activities :eek: .

In other words, if you use your SOG knives outdoors, you may subject you and your knife to way too much fun, and after 15 or 20 years, you may have to consider if it's worth the wear and tear, you may even have to sharpen the blade :eek: ..........so I just won't take this chance, I shine mine and store them for a later date :( .

Besides, I might get a blister....... :grumpy:

Robbie Roberson :p

Oh hell...Do ya mean if we have a Tigershark (or two) that we are supposed to USE 'em, and not just hang 'em up on the wall???.:D.

glockman99 said:
Oh hell...Do ya mean if we have a Tigershark (or two) that we are supposed to USE 'em, and not just hang 'em up on the wall???.:D.

I wondered when Mr. Tigershark man would rear his ugly head. Yes, they're pretty but you must use them......it's what they're for!!!!!!!! I love this knife. It's carbon steel. I'm going to the river tomorrow and beat the hell out of it.....in a nice way.....and get back to you.

"...I'm going to the river tomorrow and beat the hell out of it....."

now THAT is a guy that knows what a SOG is all about !! Hurray !!

Cheers,

Carl

I hope to buy a Tigershark soon. My interest in knives has been really high lately. My only question is, in looking around for the cheapest place to buy one, I came across this => http://www.discountknivesonline.com/tigershark.htm It appears to be a normal Tigershark, except for the lack of the teeth on the blade. Is this just an older model? And does someone know where I could purchase a new Tigershark (with the teeth) for the cheapest price?

Thanks guys. I appreciate the help. Another question I had is, how reasonable is it for sharpeneing the serated edges on the Tigershark? Is it too time comsuming and technical? Or is it bareable with the right tools? My dad and me don't know anyone that actualy bothers to take the time to do it, although, of course, every knife shop owner tells us its easy.

I have a few sog knives. The tigershark may seem to be a big, bulky, heavy knife to some people but that is what it is sold as. It isn't designed to be used as a pocket knife.

My tigershark (one of the newer models) is definately my favorite knife to use in many situations. Edge retention is great, grip is wayu solid and most importantly to me, the knife has a kinesthetic sense about it where the weight allows you to estimate where the blade is once you get familiar with the feel.

My only complaint about this piece is the scabbard. My complaints are minor (the drain hole should be bigger, the attachment clip could potentially wear) and dont effect my affinity for this blade.

I also have the 'kid brother', the pup, and let me tell ya this knife is probably one of the more versatile small blades ive ever had. I used to swear by my benchmade river rescue for my first choice on a quick release emergency fixed blade but the pup has replaced that knife. its functionality is better, the grip is perfect, and the blade is a little more multifunctional.

I havent really seen the 2000 but if it is like the other two, im sure its a work of art in both form and function.

my Tigershark is the old non-serrated version. I know of one guy who had serrations on a knife blade, doesn't like 'em, and simply ground 'em away. Added some nice recurve to the blade, and naturally sharpening is much easier.

Cheers,

Carl

Back