How To Tighten Collar on CS Twistmaster

The title says it all. I recently "scored" a CS Twistmaster clip point off flea bay. New and never used. Well as it turns out Carbon V left untreated and un-oiled since the 1990's is bad news. It might be "new" without a box but it came rusty with heavy pitting. In the end I didn't look at the pics close enough and I really wanted a twistmaster. I only paid 40$ to my door and I'm relatively pleased. I wanted a collector piece to play with. I ended up with a beater/user.
I forced a patina on it with jalapeno mustard and ground a 90º spine with my Ken Onion work sharp. It now throws sparks like hell!
I got off track..... sorry! When the collar is twisted I have slight up and down blade play. I've read from guys here that the lock up is normally very tight. I was going to crank down in the collar with a pipe wrench but before it got tight I decided to ask you guys for help.

Hmmm... the collar on mine is tight enough, stiff, actually. I'd try clamping gently in a padded vise. Or just live with it.

Back