Tighten pivot on auto

I have no doubt that every prosecutor in the country (USA), and many cops, would still consider it a "switchblade".

Prosecutors don't look for reasons NOT to charge and prosecute people, they look for ANY reason to charge and prosecute people, that's their job, and getting convictions is how they get promoted. And it would be very easy for a pivot to get loosened after it's impounded by the police.

What's the point of having a switchblade if the pivot is so tight that it won't function?

To take from place to place without disassembly. Can use @ a home but can't carry.
Ahh, that makes sense. I don't know where you are or your local laws, but if you're driving one option is to lock them in your trunk. Cops (in the US) can't open your trunk without a warrant or probable cause (like you just committed a crime, or you're wanted), or if you give your consent, or if they impounded the car for some reason.

Another option is a small lock box or some kind of box you can put a padlock on. Same as above. Cops can't force a locked box open without warrant, PC, arrest, or consent.

I live in California. It's illegal here to carry on ones person, or to transport a switchblade with a blade 2" long or longer in the driver or passenger area of a vehicle (including glove compartment) but it's legal to transport them in the trunk, no secondary lock or lock box required.

Last edited:
Back