• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Timascus™ Billets

Alpha Knife Supply

Always Innovating
Dealer / Materials Provider
The billets are in descending thickness order.

Item 7584, White Timascus™ - Downpour, .109" x 15.00" 1.71"
$400
7584-s.jpg

Item 1018, White Timascus™ - Twist, 3 Alloy, .155" x 5.50" x 1.30"
$135
1018-s.jpg

Item 9901, White Timascus™ - Moire, .156" x 11.00" x 1.71"
$420
9901-s.jpg

Item 9114, White Timascus™ - Nordic Twist, .176" x 8.18" x 1.88"
$580
9114-s.jpg

Item 8134, White Timascus™ - Twist, .577" x 5.75" x 1.59"
$600
8134-s.jpg

That's powerfull stuff, Chuck!!! I'm pleased I ordered from you the other day. I guess I forgot what it was like since the last time I used it several years ago. Frank

For the benefits of those of us unfamiliar with this product, is it a carbon damascus or is it stainless?

For the benefits of those of us unfamiliar with this product, is it a carbon damascus or is it stainless?
Timascus™ is pattern welded titanium. It is not a blade material except for one billets we made with Beta C san mai. Timascus is used for handles, bolsters, guards, etc.

Here are a few examples:

Tom Ferry MS Biohazard folder in Timascus with mosaic damascus:
ferrybio2.jpg

First Timascus Stan Fujisaka. Amazingly smoooth!
unclestanti.jpg

Brad Southard Timascus Integral:
Timascustanto.jpg

your really getting the hang of this (and making larger block/and more patterens )
i have got to get some one of these days

That Tom Ferry is a super beauty. He helped with making the first pieces of Timascus and has continued to use it in wonderful manner !!! Frank

Tom Ferry is an incredibly skilled knifemaker and idea machine. I feel fortunate to call him a friend.

One amazing fact about this folder is Tom made it almost ten years ago. He was still an ABS apprentice.

Chuck

Back