Time Flies Like an Arrow, Thanks Glennbad!

Well this thread has been a long time coming. I've been away from the forums for quite a while as the partner and I moved into our first home and I've been swamped with work and new home projects. Anywho... Late last year I sent Glenn an 82 dixie stockman with marroon linen licarta covers and asked him to indulge me with a rebuild. Here's a borrowed pic of the stock knife:

I wanted to turn it into a shadow stockman in the spirit of the old Schrades with yellow delrin. We decided to opt for a butterscotch yellow paper micarta with brass bird's eye pivots and a custom arrow shield reminiscent of one I found on a very old jack knife. Well Glenn humored me and after a few months he really knocked this one out of the park. Before the knife arrived I had boxed up all of my knives for our move to our new home and everything has been left in boxes for the last 6 weeks or so. Luckily Glenn's work of art arrived just in the nick of time and has been my sole pocket knife during that time. It went straight to work cutting down boxes, scraping window sills and baseboards, and cutting up my dinner. Here she is:

Everything on it arrived just perfect, any "imperfections" were added by my constant use of it. Thank you again Glenn! I couldn't be more pleased with this one.

I saw this on the Glennbad thread and I must say seeing it a second time only makes the effect greater. Fantastic build by Glennbad and a true treasure to have Lemmy . The butterscotch micarta, shield and bird's eye pivots give it a completely new life.

Great work :thumbup:. You had a civilized-Eastern-urban knife now you have a true Westerner. Butterscotch micarta and arrow are awesome!

Great work :thumbup:. You had a civilized-Eastern-urban knife now you have a true Westerner. Butterscotch micarta and arrow are awesome!

It would have been welcome on my farm but now it looks like it belongs here!

Zieg

Now I know what the arrow in the title was about. Here's the rest of the sayiing, in honor of the handle. Fruit flies like a banana!

Excellent choice on the pattern and the covers. That's a very handsome knife.

Congrats to both you and Glenn ! :thumbup:
I like everything about it!! :cool:

Dave

Thanks guys! Glenn really does fantastic work. I do think that shadows are an idea of a way for GEC to revisit some of their older patterns. I think shadow toothpicks and stockmen in their various corresponding patterns would be pretty classic and quite welcome around here.

What a great knife. Patina only enhances all of it!!
Nice work/excellent result. Knife art in the truest sense!!

Good to see that you're happy with the results, Lemmy; kudos to Glenn for another splendid mod job! :thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks guys! Glenn really does fantastic work. I do think that shadows are an idea of a way for GEC to revisit some of their older patterns. I think shadow toothpicks and stockmen in their various corresponding patterns would be pretty classic and quite welcome around here.
When I saw the photo of your "new" knife in the original post, for some reason I thought of the re-handle that you did yourself, Lemmy, a while back, maybe even a couple of years ago when I first joined BF. Do you still have that "red hot chili pepper toothpick"? ;) I think it would be fantastic to see a pic of that along with your "new" stockman! :cool::thumbup:

- GT

Charlie nailed in for me....knife art!! That pattern has all the right stuff and in its enhanced form....Heirloom

Back