Time for Buck to make an otf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yo Mama

Gold Member
Come on Buck hear me out on this. You're so close to an otf that it only makes sense. It's really the only knife missing from your line up. You went all in the last few years for the auto market.

Now it's time to give us a budget friendly otf made by Buck, please!!!!

They are illegal to carry here in MI.

Last edited:
buck could do otfs better than others in a few ways........american made and likely made more affordable than the other few American makers in that market. while still high quality.

be interesting to see if buck would and what theyd do...

I don't know about this. It would be like suggesting Microtech make a brass framed lock back.

I don't mean to sound closed minded. I have about a dozen Microtechs and carry one every day. If Buck came up with something comparable, I'd certainly give it a try.

What is the advantage of an OTF?

Personally, I'll pass on any auto at this time. I have no need for one.
My hands still work good enough to open a 110/112 and/or a slipjoint.
I suspect if my hands ever get so bad I can't open a knife, I'll just carry a fixed blade.

I suspect if my hands ever get so bad I can't open a knife, I'll just carry a fixed blade.
They're fun.

Buck has enough problems with their auto shipping wise. They are stuck by laws as of now and are trying to get their auto shipped from factory. This at this time would multiply their problems.

I am very traditional, and i like the BUCK autos. They are cool and fun, and im no spring chicken, well maybe to some ole farts, lol.

Probably safest design for an automatic or folding knife, where it's impossible for it to close on your fingers. True one handed manipulation makes getting a knife out while working much easier. They are incredibly strong lock designs.

I thought the same thing for a long time. Then I started carrying one. I don't think I can go back to a regular folder now. The ones I carry are all drop point with or without serrations depending on what I'm doing. I'm convinced there's no safer single hand knives out there. I've got some great folders that have been set aside thanks to these OTFs.

As has been said already, Buck already has trouble with the law with their switchblades.

This would probably bring more such trouble.

The new tooling required for a brand new knife is a considerable expense........especially for an odd knife that would not be a big seller.

A new knife suitable for concealment and quick deployment by criminals, with expensive new tooling and not a lot of buyers?

LOL! Sounds like a no-brainer decision for the folks who look at bottom line profits.

As has been said already, Buck already has trouble with the law with their switchblades.

This would probably bring more such trouble.

The new tooling required for a brand new knife is a considerable expense........especially for an odd knife that would not be a big seller.

A new knife suitable for concealment and quick deployment by criminals, with expensive new tooling and not a lot of buyers?

LOL! Sounds like a no-brainer decision for the folks who look at bottom line profits.

^ that's a myth. criminals wont spend many hundreds of dollars for switchblades or otfs to commit crimes with. even if they stole it theyd likely sell it to be able to buy more drugs or kitchen knives to use for crimes......

I’d rather see Buck retooling for the 300 series knives and finish bringing them all back from overseas to in house. I also think that most of the USA made oft knives I’ve seen were very expensive and the cheaper china otf knives are a gamble on what you get. There’s several manufacturers with otf knives on the market and with all the regulations and laws for automatic knives it seems to me as a big problem. It’s difficult enough to get a Buck automatic in current production and from what I hear any returns for warranty will be a headache. Until the federal laws and regulations are ironed out for autos I wouldn’t expect to see any expansion of model offerings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back