Time, where does it go

Gravelface

Gold Member
Well, today I strike the big 40!!!

Seems only last week, Stacey (Paddlingman Cutshaw ...whatever moniker he’s going by these days) sold me my first Busse. 14 years here on the forum, met some of the finest folks imaginable, I was just an ignorant 26 year old getting out the Army. Been invited into homes of what would otherwise be complete stranger and Eli Xaman even gave me a bed for couple nights while I was traveling through Texas. Cam lives right up the road and he an I spent hours talking Busse ....while the wife sat i the car, much to her dismay. I look forward to the biannual calls from Brendan and still talk to Tony in the Great White North more than I talk to my family locally!

Troy and Garth tried to steal my wife, had some of the finest cheesecake from Amy-0, was convinced by that used car salesman Laura / Kong and was talked into buying WAY more knives than I needed.....I think I may still be paying that credit card down, shook hands ( more like ham hocks) with David Brown, had a slight cameo in the background of an issue of Blade (signing autographs if anyone has a copy, I’m the bald guy with the goatee you can’t see because it’s from behind. And got to meet the main man himself a few times, cigars and JWB runs in his blood, and kindness and true interest in all his extended family here on the boards. Bully.....what can I say, you’re a damn fine friendly Bully if I’ve ever met one you need to tone down that shoe collection....I fear it may surpass your knives before long. And some of the ones who aren’t any longer here. And Tony G, I have no doubt he’s laid up with some beauty 1/3 his age ......man was a savage with the ladies!!!!! Chuck, Barbara was of if the finest women and my daughter adored you both. I still have the photos from Fogo De Chow somewhere. She’s 16 now and just finished her learners permit and getting her license anyway. Hell, I cut my sons umbilical cord with an active duty (pictures on here somewhere), Westlen / Jules, Used to talk to him for hours before he passed.

To some we are just strangers on a common social board, but you’ve been much more to me and my family than I could ever truly express.

Thank you all for just being yourselves.

A cloven hoof salute to you!

Today I’m going to celebrate with an Atabey Cigar, there’s still a few fine ones I’m trying to get a hold of ( taking suggestions) and grilling a 2” bone in ribeye and it will be sliced with my SHBA while sipping away on a little Oban.

What better day then stogies, booze and BBQ. Just need you hogs here in the Dirty Deep South for a family event!!!!!!

Edited after I got coffee and corrected a few typos

Last edited:
Happy birthday, J! I turn 40 in January so I'm sure I'll be reminiscing that day as well. I don't quite have the history you do on this forum but I can say that I've met some great people in my short time here.

Thanks for the cool post! :cool::thumbsup:

Happy birthday to you from up here in PA.
BTW, 40 is YOUNG! When your body starts hurting for no good reason then you've officially become OLD!
You've got lots of good memories that's awesome.

Happy 40th mate.....I have neat decade on you and the sense of "where did that time go" does not lessen !!! It's time well spent that matters.

Happy Birthday J! Welcome to the 4th decade club! :D :thumbsup: Sounds like a FINE way to spend your day. :cool:

My oldest daughter just turned 16 as well this week, so I get it. o_O :eek:

Can't ask for a finer bunch of miscreants than the Hogs! :cool:

Back